Light change advice mh/hps

• Thread starter egz91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
egz91

egz91

Ho guys,
In a few weeks i passed from a mh 400w ti an hps 400w, that's because having 1 plant in flower and to smaller one in veg it was a good idea to already swap from mh to hps it after a few weeks i thought ti go back to mh because the other 2 are still too small and I didn't want excessive stretching. The only concern I have is on the flowering plants. She's still early stage in flower but maybe it is not best going back. Any advice?

Light change advice mhhps
Light change advice mhhps 2
Light change advice mhhps 3
Light change advice mhhps 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Either will work. I don't think you going to see a huge difference in stretching. Although I think hps puts out a little more ppfd then mh at equal wattage but don't quote me on that. If you find your stretching you can try change day and night temps to the same or just slightly warmer night temps than days. This is called negative diff and will shorten node spacing.

Just some info but honestly I don't think you need to do anything.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If possible, I would supplement your HPS with a cheap white/6500K LED light. The extra light will benefit all plants, slow the stretching, and provide the blues that both help plants in vegg as well as increase THC during flowering. I find a notable difference in bud size and quality when using a HPS alone, but added blues worked best. You can also use a MH for the entire process, with slightly lower growth rates and bud sizes.. although I think the potency is about the same, maybe tastier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If possible, I would supplement your HPS with a cheap white/6500K LED light. The extra light will benefit all plants, slow the stretching, and provide the blues that both help plants in vegg as well as increase THC during flowering. I find a notable difference in bud size and quality when using a HPS alone, but added blues worked best. You can also use a MH for the entire process, with slightly lower growth rates and bud sizes.. although I think the potency is about the same, maybe tastier.
@Jimster makes a good point recent info shows blue spectrum added later in flower have a positive effect. Also UV and IR if the light is lacking. CMH is probably the most balanced of all the HID

Top Bottom