Light colored leaves, red stems with discoloring

• Thread starter Seshlife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seshlife

Seshlife

I don’t get it. I’m about ready to give up. Why are the tips of my plants always yellowing? They cloned perfectly, went right into ocean forest soil, I gave them a little magnesium because of discoloring and now the whole plant is turning light pale green. Ph going in is always at 6.6. Light is a 300w Mars hydro. Temp 78° humidity 68%. I’m discouraged. Idk what the hell I keep doing.

Light colored leaves red stems with discoloring
Light colored leaves red stems with discoloring 2
Light colored leaves red stems with discoloring 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What do you mean by "pH going in"? What's the soil pH?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Do top leaves look as faded as bottom leaves? Is the fading uniform or just canopy leaves? What is the distance from light to top of canopy? I just watched your video. I would wait for the more experienced growers to chime in but I’m thinking it looks like you have your light too close.

Seshlife

Seshlife

Do top leaves look as faded as bottom leaves? Is the fading uniform or just canopy leaves? What is the distance from light to top of canopy? I just watched your video. I would wait for the more experienced growers to chime in but I’m thinking it looks like you have your light too close.
Bottom leaves look great. Has to be a mobile deficiency or lockout. And I would say you’re on to something but I have my lights about 4 feet above the canopy. Only the top leaves are discolored. They are still praying. It’s weird. I have had this issue a few times. It has to be something I’m doing. Maybe too much PH down? Sometimes I feel like I’m using a lot to get it to 6.5 and stable.

steamroller

steamroller

How old are the clones and have you ferted yet ?
Did you offer Ca when you gave them the Mg ?
I grow in FFOF and feed tap water aged and temp adjusted .

Seshlife

Seshlife

What’s up man. Thx for responding. I only have 100ppm total of mag so 300ppm going in. My water is ~180ppm. No calcium added. Clones are maybe 2/ 2.5 weeks old

steamroller

steamroller

I would want to get Ca. to them .
I am no clone pro ,but that is still young [ I think] and they can be sensitive to RH especially ?
They may be adjusting to FFOF also ?

CannaDana

CannaDana

When I see plants like yours, I immediately think "phosphorous deficiency." The light new growth leaves and red/purple stems -- petioles, but especially red/purple or striped stalks -- are classic signs.

I had the same problem as you do, and they looked the same, even down to the interveinal chlorosis. I'm in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and I posted about it somewhere around here. Turned out to be phosphorous for me, which is why I'm jumping in here. I disagree with you about FF being hot; indeed, I found FF Ocean Forest to be fairly devoid of nutes after just a couple weeks. That was a surprise, because I thought FF OF would at least take me through veg, which is why I stupidly allowed the deficiency to take hold. Starting a good overall and fairly heavy (for me) feeding regimen fixed it right up.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. I'm just an old lady raising cannabis in her old age, and I'm still figuring all this shit out. My cannabis plants will talk to me; the hard part is learning how to listen.

steamroller

steamroller

I think the fox farm is super hot.
I would not have put clones in it for first soil but I think it gets a bad rap overall?
The learning curve for watering when plants are small is tough I admit.
I fert my plants like they were in any other soil and basically by the FF schedule [ it starts with clones and seedlings believe it or not ! ]

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Light bloom feed and lower light intensity until they recover a bit looks like they are trying to hide from the light with that curl and droop

Seshlife

Seshlife

When I see plants like yours, I immediately think "phosphorous deficiency." The light new growth leaves and red/purple stems -- petioles, but especially red/purple or striped stalks -- are classic signs.

I had the same problem as you do, and they looked the same, even down to the interveinal chlorosis. I'm in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and I posted about it somewhere around here. Turned out to be phosphorous for me, which is why I'm jumping in here. I disagree with you about FF being hot; indeed, I found FF Ocean Forest to be fairly devoid of nutes after just a couple weeks. That was a surprise, because I thought FF OF would at least take me through veg, which is why I stupidly allowed the deficiency to take hold. Starting a good overall and fairly heavy (for me) feeding regimen fixed it right up.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. I'm just an old lady raising cannabis in her old age, and I'm still figuring all this shit out. My cannabis plants will talk to me; the hard part is learning how to listen.
Thank you Dana!

thank you for response. Curious what you think about my runoff being 3,00-3500ppm. Coming out at 5.9 ph. I flushed them to 1000ppm. I think they’re looking better? Also someone on Instagram said they think it could be soil mites? Which I thought the ones I had were beneficial. Maybe not? No bugs or anything on plants themselves. So you suggest a light feeding ? Would you use some phosphate?

Seshlife

Seshlife

I literally can’t find one article on this. What is going on?

7CC06C19 B608 4ECA A481 4A76077DB934
78592E72 2293 4583 AFE8 93D7F6BF153E
BEB11AFB AC37 42BC 85BC F2A61AADE7F9
AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

What do you use for pests ? Looks almost like a burn from neem or fert water,this looks like excess of something to me. I would test your soil pH If your soil to be sure

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

What do you use for pests ? Looks almost like a burn from neem or fert water,this looks like excess of something to me. I would test your soil pH If your soil to be sure
Looks like later stage of my issues...high ppms and high soil ph

Seshlife

Seshlife

Will test. I really need a probe. And mosquito bits is the only thing. No bugs on plant but there are a few soil mites. But theyre quick moving so I thought they were good

Top Bottom