Light/driver options for a 4x4 tent

• Thread starter DogterB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DogterB

DogterB

Hey all, I'm looking for lights for a 4x4 tent. I'm a med student, so money is fairly tight. So far I have been on Alibaba and am thinking of getting 6 of the double 240w from Kingbrite, splitting them 3 per side and running the drivers down the middle of a hanging rack. Then maybe adding a few of the 730nm strips down the middle. Originally I thought of going with 2 of the 320w lights, but I like the idea of being able to spread the boards a little more and get more power with the 3x 240w.

OR I have been looking at HLG's qb96s. I was thinking 2 or 3 of them on each side. If I go the HLG route, I will need to do half the tent now, and add on later probably. I've looked into building a strip light, but my electrical knowledge is severely lacking and I get lost pretty quick.

Any other ideas?

With the qb96s, what driver size would you recommend? I'll probably have to go the Inventronics route as they are a little cheaper than Meanwell. Unless there's other good cheaper options?

R

redshift75

I didnt go with kingbrite went with a vendor i think is just as good for a little less selling same lights and went with 6 double 240w on the 4x8 so 3 per 4x4. Great option and my best tents hands down.

DogterB

DogterB

I didnt go with kingbrite went with a vendor i think is just as good for a little less selling same lights and went with 6 double 240w on the 4x8 so 3 per 4x4. Great option and my best tents hands down.
Right on, who did you end up buying from? May have to add them to the list of potentials...

Top Bottom