light good for seeds & seedlings

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

What's going on farmers. Can any body tell me what this pic means ?? And is that good for seeds and seedlings I'm talking about at the most 5-7 days under that a till going to HID.

U

Ulysses

It looks as if the light spectrum leans to the red side...

For seed starting, you want Blue Spectrum lighting- I'd recommend a nice 8 bulb CFL setup with all blue bulbs (6500k) which may up the ratio of females...

Gives nice lush compact growth in veg...

W

woody420

Well thanks ulysses. That's what I was thinking it was showing me.

W

woody420

T5 tubes sounds good. So I have a 400 watt M.H. bulb for veg. when's the best time put the seedlings under the M.H. and how far away does the light have to be from the seedlings? Can I use the light to get the seeds started ?

H

hailstone

T.H.C. What on earth do you mean? T5 fluorescent tubes are available with various color temperatures and can be bought from all kinds of electrical supplies stores.

H

hailstone

Heh don't you just hate it when messages get deleted from a thread. Makes stuff that was said after them seem out of place. Oh well.

W

woody420

Just catching up on my threads here thanks for the info ripz man.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol...I was reading down the thread, and I'm wondering, who the fuck is Ripz goin off on??? LMAO!

In any case the T5's, either with straight blues or a mix of the red and blue spectrum bulbs work very well for clones, seedling and smaller plants. Give nice lush growth, short internodes and generally a nice bushy plant.

Still chuckling @ Ripz.

H

Husbandnwife420

u tell em ripz assh---s any way just lookin 4 troble you know your shit. and your right thers a lot more nicer peps here you can talk 2

O

Old Yeller

I use 2 banks of 4x4 T5's for my seedlings & clones. On the "baby" shelf i use a mixed spectrum of pink (3000K), white (6500K), true red & true blue T5 tubes. On the second transplant, I move to the upper shelf with (4x4) 1 true red, 1 white & 2 true blue tubes. After that, they get re-potted to the final sized pots & under a 250W MH untill ready for the flower tent.
I never was really happy with CFL's and went T5 all the way. Now i even use a 4x8 T5 in my flower tent mixed with a 600W HPS with great results.

Top Bottom