Light green and yellow leaves

• Thread starter odopeyone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
odopeyone

odopeyone

Hello guys, this is my first post here as I am a bit worried about my plants and do not know what to do.

I have 2 autoflower northern lights with a 20h light cycle and a 250W HPS bulb.
They differ one week in age and the elder is called Seneca (hereby S) and the younger one is called Mestre de Avis (hereby MA).

S is in week 7 and about 3 weeks ago started to look drooped which looked like to me it was over-watering or under-watering, so I started being more careful with it and only gave it water by the earth's weight.
During that week the plant got drooped for half of the day and when it seemed better (with the leaves pointing upper), it never looked like it used to be.

MA, which is in week 6, on the other hand looked perfect all the time, but in the last few days it has been becoming with a lighter green color and some yellow leaves.

I give them both the Top Crop nutrients and I follow their schedule (I follow the last rows, the ones for autoflower).

I have tried to understand what could it be, but I end up with nothing which looks alike...
Could it be water PH? I always measure it, but I use lemon juice to lower the PH which I've read it that its effect is not very durable.
Nuts deficiency? I have been following the schedule

If you have any idea, please say.
If you need more info, just ask please.

Thank you very much!

Seneca
Mestredeavis
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Gave too much nutes. Usually less than half of directions are ever needed with these fertilizers. I am not familiar with top crop. But the fix is always the same. Pour through enough fresh water to get clearish runoff. You should have an ec meter to continually measure the runoff each feeding. After flushing out the excess nutes re feed a complete balanced grow solution at maybe 25% of directions. Then wait till soil is very dry and light to feed again. Always work up slow with nute strength.

odopeyone

odopeyone

Gave too much nutes. Usually less than half of directions are ever needed with these fertilizers. I am not familiar with top crop. But the fix is always the same. Pour through enough fresh water to get clearish runoff. You should have an ec meter to continually measure the runoff each feeding. After flushing out the excess nutes re feed a complete balanced grow solution at maybe 25% of directions. Then wait till soil is very dry and light to feed again. Always work up slow with nute strength.

Thank you very much, I will do as such and try to understand if they are getting better.

[Edit]
But which nutrients are you saying? Nitrogen? Should I keep giving the one for the buds and flowering state?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you very much, I will do as such and try to understand if they are getting better.

[Edit]
But which nutrients are you saying? Nitrogen? Should I keep giving the one for the buds and flowering state?

No i would use the grow or transition directions. Needing more pk during flowering is an old myth. It is proven the plant uses the same ratio all through its life.

Always needs the same npk. Just different anounts as they go through stages.

Top Bottom