Light greenish tips on new growth?

• Thread starter Sunday687
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunday687

Sunday687

Hey everyone just wondering what this could be, the start of possible calcium magnesium defeciency? Only happening on one plant and only on the new growth on a few tips.
3 weeks from sprout

Happy frog soil transplanted 6 days ago

Have not fed any nutes yet just plain distilled water.

Ph going in around 6.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Light greenish tips on new growth
Kepp89

Kepp89

i believe you are correct.

distilled water requires you adding calmag but be careful not to add too much. distilled water is bare naked water with limited to no minerals in it. so you have to add calmag yourself

also, take and upload a zoomed out picture. the picture of a plant as a whole is more helpful than a nice and zoomed in picture of a spot

Sunday687

Sunday687

Thanks for the reply, this is my first grow and i try and do alot of research just cant find a straight answer from looking around i was guessing maybe calcium. Also heard early nute burn but i feel they can handle the happy frog this old. Also heard light burn but the leaves arent crispy just mildly yellow. I think ill hit her with a dose of cal-mag next water like you suggested.

20190505 080418
20190505 080333
20190505 080307
Kepp89

Kepp89

FWIW they actually look fine but i'm still new at this myself. i would add the tiniest amount of calmag so cut the dosage on the container by like 1/10th. that will be the only nute going into the water (distilled water) so i think that means it'll be easier for it to all get absorbed a bit quicker so lower the dose. if it were mixed in with other nutes it might take more time to absorb that same amount of calmag but again idk. i mostly reply to things for a 3rd mind and learn more after that

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You can add calcium carbonate and Epsom salt to your water if you don’t want to add Calmag due to the nitrogen content most Calmags contain. But it’s your call. Added nitrogen will keep them greener longer but some don’t like the excess nitrogen in flowering.

It’s really all whatever you prefer to do or what the situation requires.

I still use some Calmag from time to time when I see they can use a boost of nitrogen. Otherwise I use calcium carbonate and Epsom salt in most of my watering and feedings.

Sunday687

Sunday687

You can add calcium carbonate and Epsom salt to your water if you don’t want to add Calmag due to the nitrogen content most Calmags contain. But it’s your call. Added nitrogen will keep them greener longer but some don’t like the excess nitrogen in flowering.

It’s really all whatever you prefer to do or what the situation requires.

I still use some Calmag from time to time when I see they can use a boost of nitrogen. Otherwise I use calcium carbonate and Epsom salt in most of my watering and feedings.
Hey thanks alot for the information appreciate it!

Top Bottom