Light, heat, feed? Help pls!

• Thread starter mkono87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Def stains on the bottom of the pots. I water when it's almost dry.
I grow in Promix and I usually water daily, or every other day. The plants get pretty dry and can start to wilt if over 2 days (using 5 gallon buckets). I typically water a gallon/day, but considerably less when plants are small. I feed every 12-15 days, which eliminates salt buildup. In the Promix, I have added about 15-20% compost/manure (for micro and macro nutes), a handfull of time release fertilizer, and a handfull of wood ashes. This keeps them fed but on the lean side. I don't see any nutrient related issues and use 20-20-20 nutes, and a similar blooming mix for flowering.
It works great and is consistent. Great results for 30+ years.

mkono87

mkono87

I grow in Promix and I usually water daily, or every other day. The plants get pretty dry and can start to wilt if over 2 days (using 5 gallon buckets). I typically water a gallon/day, but considerably less when plants are small. I feed every 12-15 days, which eliminates salt buildup. In the Promix, I have added about 15-20% compost/manure (for micro and macro nutes), a handfull of time release fertilizer, and a handfull of wood ashes. This keeps them fed but on the lean side. I don't see any nutrient related issues and use 20-20-20 nutes, and a similar blooming mix for flowering.
It works great and is consistent. Great results for 30+ years.
See I have always been hearing these plants love a wet and dry cycle. I dont mean bone dry but couple inches down. I haven't gotten to a point where both the leaves and stems doop, but feeling the pot weight and getting my hands dirty in the soil. I have also been told by many to water till run off and with fabric pots it will drain quite well.

02trueblue

02trueblue

See I have always been hearing these plants love a wet and dry cycle. I dont mean bone dry but couple inches down. I haven't gotten to a point where both the leaves and stems doop, but feeling the pot weight and getting my hands dirty in the soil. I have also been told by many to water till run off and with fabric pots it will drain quite well.

Everything you said is on point. You want them to dry out once in a while, but not to the point of them getting droopy. Watering until runoff is necessary too. Fabric pots would make them dry out faster too.

mkono87

mkono87

Everything you said is on point. You want them to dry out once in a while, but not to the point of them getting droopy. Watering until runoff is necessary too. Fabric pots would make them dry out faster too.
I figured I have been doing quite well as its just the one plant that concerns me the most. They droop after a watering but the next seem to be fine. My 600w HPS is sitting at 27" from the canopy and I added another fan so Im hoping things get better. Should the leaves go back to normal or is like nute issues where they wont recover and have to focus on new growth?

02trueblue

02trueblue

I figured I have been doing quite well as its just the one plant that concerns me the most. They droop after a watering but the next seem to be fine. My 600w HPS is sitting at 27" from the canopy and I added another fan so Im hoping things get better. Should the leaves go back to normal or is like nute issues where they wont recover and have to focus on new growth?

She'll probably grow out of it. New growth should look good, and I'd go and trim off any affected fan leaves. I'd also trim any fan leaves that were blocking/covering other bud sites. The small bud sites grow best in direct light, and she's pretty bushy.

mkono87

mkono87

Just an update, I cleaned them up well yesterday and have the light sitting around 30". I still dont know if it was the light or not but nervous to lower it. For now I think until I know 100%, they are looking happier and seem to be stretching nicely.

I also ordered a blue lab ph pen so no problems with levels.

IMG 20200122 192010
IMG 20200122 192038 1
IMG 20200122 192609
02trueblue

02trueblue

Hell yeah. They're looking happier already. On the right track.

Latest posts

Top Bottom