Light height and Watts during Veg

• Thread starter thegrower12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thegrower12

Hi guys growing in a tent, 2.9m x 2.9m
Have 4 x pro grow LED lights covering basically the whole area
My questions is what height should lights sit during veg ? Should it be different every week of veg ?
Currently in week 3 and have left my lights at 250watts, do i increase watts during veg?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Progrow630

could only find this chart, from this i would go with 24'' and see how they like it

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yeah thats just distribution across the lights wont answer either of those questions thanks though bro
you want to be at 600 ppfd for veg, this chart shows you how high to go to get to it

T

thegrower12

Im currently at 500mm at 250w, wondering if its ok to either drop light height or instead increase to 380w

Zombierider

Zombierider

The hard thing about dialing in your lights based off of height/par chart is it doesnt take into account other lights, or the hours the light's are running. I adjust my lights based off the Daily Light Integral (DLI). DLI takes par+hours of light and gives you a number. You can follow the chart below, i do and get good results from it. Though u should always read your plants to see if they like what light your giving them and adjust accordingly.
Oh, and in case u havent heard of it, adjust your tempuratures according to the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) chart. Happy growing, lemme know if ya have any questions!

Test your light intensity/DLI with this app for your phone: https://growlightmeter.com/calculator/
Follow this chart:
A8748AFD BC30 4BED B28A 4D0760F308A1

And follow these chart's for your VPD: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd-charts-in-fahrenheit-and-celsius-with-leaf-temperature

Zombierider

Zombierider

And yes, generally you want to gradually increase light intensity as vegetative growth progresses. This lets the plants become accustomed to high light intensity that will be on during flower!

I

ironmike12

And yes, generally you want to gradually increase light intensity as vegetative growth progresses. This lets the plants become accustomed to high light intensity that will be on during flower!
Whats your protocol for light height and intensity during veg mate

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

The hard thing about dialing in your lights based off of height/par chart is it doesnt take into account other lights, or the hours the light's are running. I adjust my lights based off the Daily Light Integral (DLI). DLI takes par+hours of light and gives you a number. You can follow the chart below, i do and get good results from it. Though u should always read your plants to see if they like what light your giving them and adjust accordingly.
Oh, and in case u havent heard of it, adjust your tempuratures according to the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) chart. Happy growing, lemme know if ya have any questions!

Test your light intensity/DLI with this app for your phone: https://growlightmeter.com/calculator/
Follow this chart: View attachment 1318882

And follow these chart's for your VPD: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd-charts-in-fahrenheit-and-celsius-with-leaf-temperature
photone app works well for me but only works on 1 of the 3 samsungs we have here the flagship obviously
i keep the girls at 40 dli for as long as i veg after a gradual increase from 250ppfd when they were seedling

Trixie

Trixie

Compact growth is a good indication the lights are during their job. If you have spindly stems it's a good indication the light is too high. If my plants are staying short and stocky without bleaching or bronzing I will keep the lights at that distance. After finding the sweet spot I will raise the lights in unison with the plant's stem growth.

Zombierider

Zombierider

photone app works well for me but only works on 1 of the 3 samsungs we have here the flagship obviously
i keep the girls at 40 dli for as long as i veg after a gradual increase from 250ppfd when they were seedling
40 dli is mint for that late veg for sure. And yeah the apps accuracy for sure varies by device, sometimes it wants you to put a diffuser over it. Both my ipad and note 9 work with it fwiw. Another solution would be something like this: https://youtu.be/T8vvu2unNpQ

Zombierider

Zombierider

Whats your protocol for light height and intensity during veg mate
I adjust the watts/height/intensity based off the numbers i get off of my phone with the photone app. I dont know how many watts for each figure, but i dont think its all that important, at least for the plants.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You can trust what I say, or I can spend a month proving it lol. . . but here we go
As long as the leaf doesnt touch the LED bulb, your fine. Now with higher light intensity comes higher demand from the roots. If you lack nutrients below, or have root uptake issues, and you encourage growth by increasing light intensity, you will have deficiencies. Leaf burn is a joke, and if it happens to you in veg, you have other issues, your light just amplifies your issues is all. I run a Se7000 in a 4x4 and at some points my plants were growing up through the light, while tthe light was at MAX. Thats 720w in a 4x4 lol, on max, inches away from the leafs. I never had my light more than 16inches away. Now, if you do this during flowering, you will get light bleaching on your buds, as I did to lol. .but its a good thing for me cause I was testing limits. I now know how much light is too much for flowering, but I will tell you this, you cannot give them too much led light during veg.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Observe and adjust

No wilting, light green is too much.

Watch for momentum

I also use a gauge as I don’t fly by the seat of my pants.

Top Bottom