Light Intensity and distance during flower

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

I just flipped my girls to flower today. I’m wondering when should I turn my Mars hydro fce 3000 up to 100 percent. It’s on about 60 now at a distance of about 20 inches. Should I turn it to 100 or keep it at 60 and move it to 12 inches above the canopy?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just flipped my girls to flower today. I’m wondering when should I turn my Mars hydro fce 3000 up to 100 percent. It’s on about 60 now at a distance of about 20 inches. Should I turn it to 100 or keep it at 60 and move it to 12 inches above the canopy?

I have the exact same light, just finished my grow in a 3x3 tent. I only hit 100% for maybe 1 week during flower at 24" or so from the canopy. It was mostly due to heat issues.

I would keep the light at 20" and increase the intensity about 5% everyday or every other day. If you see any negative effects from the light, dial it back down 5% until the issue is resolved.

The temps will also dictate how much you can turn it up, I wouldn't want the heat to go above 85 degrees at canopy level, if possible.

LakerGang89

LakerGang89

I have the exact same light, just finished my grow in a 3x3 tent. I only hit 100% for maybe 1 week during flower at 24" or so from the canopy. It was mostly due to heat issues.

I would keep the light at 20" and increase the intensity about 5% everyday or every other day. If you see any negative effects from the light, dial it back down 5% until the issue is resolved.

The temps will also dictate how much you can turn it up, I wouldn't want the heat to go above 85 degrees at canopy level, if possible.
Did you constantly move your light to count for the flower stretch in the beginning? So always keep it at 20inches moving it every time the plants stretch near it?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have to replace the light they are not getting since you flipped. If you went from 18/6 to 12/12, you need to replace 6 hours of additional light in the same 12 hours. You do that by keeping track of your DLI.

There are a number of PPFD apps for phones and tablets these days.

Top Bottom