Light intensity for clones

• Thread starter Squam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Oh the amount of light and what you feed the plant has nothing to do with quality??? I must be on pluto... 🤦
Correct my identical clones- one grown with 600ppm @ 40k lux has the exact same potency and taste as another grown 800ppm @ 60k lux. The only difference is size. Might be different on Pluto, but in my world that's how it is..

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So this is my first attempt at cloning cannabis as well as my first grow so I’m learning as I go. I bought a led vivosun led light and I’m able to control the intensity of the light and I’m not sure where I should keep it it’s been 1 day since I cloned them I had it on 100% just turned in to 50% still fairly strong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I put a piece of card board or paper taped on the top to shield the clones from direct light. They get all the light they need. I open and spray with water daily. No feed until I transplant out of solo cups. Then a very light initiation of nutes.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Requires a Cell phone? You modern guys and your fancy devices....you just persuaded me to get a infrared temperature gun for some reason I need to see what temps the leaves are at.lol...Now a Cell phone? No....I'm putting my foot down on this. I'm not getting one of them things😁😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Requires a Cell phone? You modern guys and your fancy devices....you just persuaded me to get a infrared temperature gun for some reason I need to see what temps the leaves are at.lol...Now a Cell phone? No....I'm putting my foot down on this. I'm not getting one of them things😁😁
Lmao brother, I'm behind you 100% I held off a lot longer than most and I can say... don't do it.

RedGreenTomatoes

RedGreenTomatoes

I stumbled upon this forum and thread, and then I saw this post, looked at the different App's claiming to do this, and in the end I decided the best one I could find was still the one you mentioned. Had to spend the $6 to unlock the feature for my specific lighting and then I followed the directions for the diffusor which honestly was simple enough. Then I checked it to compare it to my meter, I'm going to admit 100% to my surprise that it is in fact accurate and exactly what I needed. I joined this Forum just to say "Thank You" to you for your helpful information, and to let others know that this App really does surprisingly work for the low cost of knowing.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Supermarket banana bread.
I do the logging thing, my wife makes this absolutely KILLER banana walnut.... what I call "Elf Bread". Out in the woods, that stuff is a life saver.

I don't even own a cell phone. They don't work out here...

I don't have cable TV either, they don't come out this far..

My telephone company carries 5g so I'm good to go.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Would you be able to tell me how many lumens these lights put out ?
Hmm no idea but if the King LED is the 1500 version I have 2 of them, if you plan to use that light it’s not crazy strong for flower (but it’ll do the job) but it’ll toast your clones even on veg switch only, if you use it use veg only and put it about 5’ above the tops

Photone app is good for measuring rough estimates don’t count on it 100% but I do use it to zone close into where I wanna be and fine adjust based on leaf appearance

Top Bottom