Light movers

• Thread starter Skuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skuff

Has anybody got any experience with these? We were thinking about them as a possibility to cut down on costs. Will it overly effect yield etc?

H

HolyMunchies

Hey Skuff,

We have about 30 of these light rail systems setup in our winter greenhouse. I wouldn't expect a rise or loss in yeild it says its better but I have never seen results to match that. It DOES however work for reducing the number of lights or increasing the amount of area a light will cover. Its fairly easy to use one light on a mover versus 2 fixed lights even 3 if your vegging. It also depends on how far your moving your light we have ours on 2 rails so they travel about 11 feet. Results may be different on a single 6 ft rail.

It might be just a random thing but I did seem to get more stretching from most of my plants. They have a pretty good longevity only one broke in about 3 years. We made our own rod for mounting the hoods versus buying the ones on the site. If your a DIY person I'd suggest that. Good luck if you have any other questions let me know.

S

Skuff

Thanks for the helpful reply. I'm thinking maybe one 6ft rail to cover an area of 7/8ft then, so 4 of them will save 4 lights in theory. Not sure if I can afford the risk of stretch because our strain is very prone to stretch if your not careful. So I think 11ft may be pushing it per light.

Are these the actual brand you use?

H

HolyMunchies

yes exact same. I might even be able to scrape up some pics for you or just venture down and take some fresh ones greenhouse is a mess atm

I'm guessing your using indoors and not greenhouse so what kind of area are you trying to cover?

I ran a single rail in a 10 x 10 room with a single light pretty well.

S

Skuff

Yes indoors and about 150 square ft, but could be 100square ft depending on a few things. Will look at buying a few of these tomorrow. Thanks again for the info

Top Bottom