Light or heat stress? Or deficiency?

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Hey so my two plants the leaves all seem to be turning a pale color and also yellowing from outside in with little burn on couple leaves but not much but they are a real pale almost pastel green kinda. Pics don’t really show exactly how they look. What would be causing this most likely? I am running one spider farmer sf4000 at the moment above the two plants about 24inches. Thought it might be light stress or something so I raised it yesterday to about 30inches above tops. The runoff on the first plant seemed to be in range around 6.3pH when I fed with nutrients yesterday pH to 6.5 although the one in back runoff was about 7 possibly higher…I used a chemical drop to test water. I fed each plant about a gallon of water. Two gallons mixed with fox farm trio big grow 6tsp, big bloom 6tsp, and 2 tsp of cal mag pH to 6.5. Haven’t looked at them since I watered them yesterday. Here are some pics. They have been in veg for a long while, longer then I ever have done. They sprouted from seed on 7/26/21 so it’s been like about 10 weeks from when they first emerged. They are gelat.og feminized. Originally had them in a 2x2x4 with one spider farmer sf1000 until they got way to crowded then I moved them into the 4x8 and am currently only running the one sf4000 that’s directly above them. Had pH issues due to someone else who is inexperienced watering them when I couldn’t be there with tap water. Which wouldn’t have been an issue cause first dozen times I tested tap pH it was steady 6.5-6.6 although I have since been testing and noticed it fluctuates in pH and sometimes is 7pH or higher. So I flushed both couple weeks back and things were good and seemed to help. Got runoff back to 6.3 range on both. Although that was before and now I need to figure out what the issue is now ASAP. Trimmed a lot of yellow discolored leaves off recently and they are all mostly looking the same now yellowing from outside edges and or just light pale color. I realize this is probably a lot and am probably rambling a bit but you guys have been awesome and I know if anyone can help me solve these issues it is this community, thanks 🙏 🙂

Light or heat stress or deficiency
Light or heat stress or deficiency 2
Light or heat stress or deficiency 3
Light or heat stress or deficiency 4
Light or heat stress or deficiency 5
Light or heat stress or deficiency 6
Light or heat stress or deficiency 7
Light or heat stress or deficiency 8
Light or heat stress or deficiency 9
Light or heat stress or deficiency 10
Light or heat stress or deficiency 11
DontTreadonWeed

DontTreadonWeed

Do you use cocoa or soil for your medium? Its definitely not light stress. Looks to me like a deficiency, which can be from few things. How old are these plants? They still look like they are in veg mode. So recovery wont be hard. While a deficiency is happening, definitely decrease light intensity till they recover

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Do you use cocoa or soil for your medium? Its definitely not light stress. Looks to me like a deficiency, which can be from few things. How old are these plants? They still look like they are in veg mode. So recovery wont be hard. While a deficiency is happening, definitely decrease light intensity till they recover
Fox farm ocean forest with perlite mixed in and yes they are in veg. Sprouted on July 26th so like 10 weeks from when they first popped.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Overwatered it what it looks like and not handling the light because of it.

What are the temps and humidity?

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Overwatered it what it looks like and not handling the light because of it.

What are the temps and humidity?
Not over watered..it was under watered if anything. But regardless over watered or under watered that still doesn’t explain or help me with the yellowing of the leaves from the outer edges in and pale not light green but pale green color of the other leaves and some tacoing going on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not over watered..it was under watered if anything. But regardless over watered or under watered that still doesn’t explain or help me with the yellowing of the leaves from the outer edges in and pale not light green but pale green color of the other leaves and some tacoing going on.
Well ok then... I guess over or under watered has no effect on nutrient uptake then?

Which has no bearing on photosynthesis or plants ability to supply the needs of growth?

Gotcha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you notice the swelling in the leaves it says over watered.

Maybe your definition of over watered is not the same as mine.

Pot size and how you determine when to water?

Tap water can be fine and the PH of it only matter for nutrients. The alkalinity of it matter and the makeup of the ppm. I grow with tap water and so do many.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you take leaf temls by chance? IR temp gun. Air temps seem fine but if they aren't transpiring leaf temps can be high and show heat stress also.

To me your humidity is to low also which could be a contributing factor but not enough to do this alone.

And yeah to much light for thier condition.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Can you take leaf temls by chance? IR temp gun. Air temps seem fine but if they aren't transpiring leaf temps can be high and show heat stress also.

To me your humidity is to low also which could be a contributing factor but not enough to do this alone.

And yeah to much light for thier condition.
5 gallon fabric pots about a gallon or so each every 3 days or so, whenever first inch or so of soil is dry. Unless I get side tracked and don’t have time to get there to water them. I have grown few times before with the spider farmer sf1000 alone and underwatered and overwatered a lot on one grow cause I was gone for like a week sometimes and had no effects like what I am dealing with now at all. First time with the spider farmer sf4000

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

5 gallon fabric pots about a gallon or so each every 3 days or so, whenever first inch or so of soil is dry. Unless I get side tracked and don’t have time to get there to water them. I have grown few times before with the spider farmer sf1000 alone and underwatered and overwatered a lot on one grow cause I was gone for like a week sometimes and had no effects like what I am dealing with now at all. First time with the spider farmer sf4000
Ok so let's make sure that you don't have a watering issue because there are so many variables and the top of the soil moisture is a really poor indicator of water content.

A good way to know before you get the feel for it.

Thread 'New Simplified Way to Water' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Light drives transpiration and will exasperate any transpiration issue such as over under watering because the plant is not able to supply the required elements such as nutrients, o2, water in the amount required.

When that happens you see light burn, bleaching and other signs of stress.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yes it does. It means exactly that. I have never grown in soil but I can assure you that if you are over/under watered you will see all kinds of deffeciencies, same as if rootbound. Any issues you have down below will cause certain nutrients to become unavailable up top. If your asking us what your up top deffeciency is exactly, well it doesnt matter. The problem started down below, focus on fixing that, then they can diagnose any other issues.

DontTreadonWeed

DontTreadonWeed

You want your leafs praying. The only time my leafs drooped like yours doop are from over/underwatering. Underwatering isnt necessarily a bad thing as it helps develope roots. And as long as they get water immediately after you notice. Watering every three days can, in my experience, is only needed when the root system of a plant was developed really well in the pots i had them in. I would honestly find the sweet point in watering where my plants leafs are all praying, pointing up, then when they start to lower i water. And i dont soak my entire medium everytime. As far as the deficiencies go, can be numerous of things still. How long has these plants been in this specific pot with the same soil? I doubt the soil your using is a super soil. So the added nitrogen and other nutrients wont be as potent. Carrying plants in veg for 10 weeks means you have lots of old leafs vs new leafs. As the plant gets older. It will divert energy from big leafs and move them to new growth. Maybe try defoliating big leafs mid to lower on the plant itself. Especially if they show any major deficiency signs. You said humidity is 50% with a temp of 79°. Little low for veg with high heat and can cause some issues with nutrient intake too. Again many issues can lead to where you are. Experience helps. But getting certain aspect that are proven to be right will help. Like temp and humidity. Perfecting your water schedule is based of of the plant itself. Including its root system, which is by far the most important part of the plant.

Top Bottom