Light Overkill

• Thread starter SpartanHero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpartanHero

SpartanHero

Just looking for insight. I currently have a 2.5x2.5 tent with 1 SF1000. It’s slightly too small for flower but should be alright in veg. I originally planned to do 2 maybe 3 in 5 gallon pots but obviously space is gonna be tight depending on my lst and training. That’s definitely not enough light for 2 or 3 to get the most out of them. They’re dimmable so I figured I can dial them in just right as needed. I don’t right now have space for a bigger tent so that’s why even considering it.

lifewater42

lifewater42

Hello, Awesome to hear your getting a tent going! Starting seeds is always fun, and has some variables to consider. The first is the source. If just popping collected bag seeds, it's always good to pop many so you can find the dominant expressions of the traits you are after. Next is if you have a trusted source they should achieve consistency in the expressions needing less tries to get what you want. Generally speaking a plant, from seed, in a 5 gallon soil pot will land around 3-7 feet high with varying widths. If your after variety. I'd go with 1 gallon pots and that will get you 4 jammed in there pretty good. Another note off sight, that 1000w will be much too much light early on. A good 2ft 4 bulb t5 would do great, and even just raising that light all the way up and turned all the way down. Hope that helps! 🤘🍁🌲

SpartanHero

SpartanHero

Hello, Awesome to hear your getting a tent going! Starting seeds is always fun, and has some variables to consider. The first is the source. If just popping collected bag seeds, it's always good to pop many so you can find the dominant expressions of the traits you are after. Next is if you have a trusted source they should achieve consistency in the expressions needing less tries to get what you want. Generally speaking a plant, from seed, in a 5 gallon soil pot will land around 3-7 feet high with varying widths. If your after variety. I'd go with 1 gallon pots and that will get you 4 jammed in there pretty good. Another note off sight, that 1000w will be much too much light early on. A good 2ft 4 bulb t5 would do great, and even just raising that light all the way up and turned all the way down. Hope that helps! 🤘🍁🌲
It’s not 1000 true watts, roughly 100. I'll look into T5, I keep reading about them.

Top Bottom