Light Proof Door

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When I get to my growntonight, I'll post a pic of my door. I have an actual door and frame, but with some additional light proofing.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'll snap a pic tonight

I used some reflectix room material and taped it around the door edges by 6". This blocks any light in or out that may be. I also use weather stripping on the door seal. Like your homes front door . 3yrs still good to go.

incogneato

incogneato

I'll snap a pic tonight

I used some reflectix room material and taped it around the door edges by 6". This blocks any light in or out that may be. I also use weather stripping on the door seal. Like your homes front door . 3yrs still good to go.
Sounds like what I was thinking of doing on mine. I have a reg 32" door that I need to light proof better this weekend.

incogneato

incogneato

I have a cold, flu, or water the f is going around. Ill.drag my but to my building tomorrow for the pic
Damn, that's shitty. No rush brotha, I got a solution for now anyway. Get yourself healthy first. Gonna need your advice on gg#4 after I this cut to root too. She seems to be taking her time tho

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I had to build my room in a rush originally because my basement turned out to get much colder than expected the first winter and I moved everything upstairs.

Gorilla tape is amazing. The tape is 2 years old and I only had to patch a couple spots so far.

Curtain over outside of flower room door to help block insects and light in or out.
IMG 6642

Gorilla tape flaps all the way around.
IMG 6643

Gorilla tape and rubber baseboard molding door sweep.
IMG 6644

2 1" foil backed rigid foam insulation sheets stacked and outside painted black for light proofing window. Mock curtain in place to look normal from outside.
IMG 6645

I had a window a/c in the bottom section but use the room next door as a lung room now.

Cheap, ugly and effective. Lol. :-)

Dewd

Dewd

I had to build my room in a rush originally because my basement turned out to get much colder than expected the first winter and I moved everything upstairs.

Gorilla tape is amazing. The tape is 2 years old and I only had to patch a couple spots so far.

Curtain over outside of flower room door to help block insects and light in or out.
View attachment 736340

View attachment 736341
View attachment 736342

2 1" foil backed rigid foam insulation sheets stacked and outside painted black for light proofing window. Mock curtain in place to look normal from outside.
View attachment 736343
I had a window a/c in the bottom section but use the room next door as a lung room now.

Cheap, ugly and effective. Lol. :)
Nice. I did the same with my windows. From the outside it looks nice with curtains. But on the inside it's boarded up tight

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice. I did the same with my windows. From the outside it looks nice with curtains. But on the inside it's boarded up tight

I have used a board like this for exhaust too. I ran the duct and silencer to a 6" hole near the top and cracked the window a couple of inches. Then just tilted the blinds until you could only see black.

It was in a trailer park and you could not hear the fans in the yard outside the window unless you were very close. And it just looks like a dark room.

incogneato

incogneato

View attachment 736340

View attachment 736341
View attachment 736342

View attachment 736343

Cheap, ugly and effective. Lol. :)
You know what's funny is I did the tape tek on the hinge side of the door but not on the rest lol.
20170902 051557

I tried screwing some 1x2 to the frame and stapling some weather strip to it. It worked ok but needed some tweaking. As for the exhaust my neighbor asked why my basemen window was blowing out warm air.... I dunno Bob...welp gotta go :cry:

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You know what's funny is I did the tape tek on the hinge side of the door but not on the rest lol.
View attachment 736494
I tried screwing some 1x2 to we'llrame and stapling some weather strip to it. It worked ok but needed some tweaking. As for the exhaust my neighbor asked why my basemen window was blowing out warm air.... I dunno Bob...welp gotta go :cry:

You shoulda told bob the warm air out keeps the basement nice and cool.

Lol. Welp gotta go

Top Bottom