light proofing doorway to grow room

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have a room that is 12x8 i am thinking of turning it into 2 separate rooms with 1 small closet like room that is 3x8 all i would have to do is frame up 1 wall but i am unsure how to do the doors so they would be light proof

growsince79

growsince79

i have a room that is 12x8 i am thinking of turning it into 2 separate rooms with 1 small closet like room that is 3x8 all i would have to do is frame up 1 wall but i am unsure how to do the doors so they would be light proof
I use foam tape weather stripping and a door sweep. A dark blanket works too.

TasmanianBear

TasmanianBear

You could also build a frame just inside your doorway, like a standing PVC shower curtain and that way when you open the door the light doesn’t enter room. Just an idea bud.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thermal blackout curtains, use them myself, cheap and effective

F

frogyrogy

Install a pocket door . . . can be trimmed to block light all the way around and doesn't need swing space.

Madmax

Madmax

I used laminated chipboard.for walls and door.just built an frame for door using 4x2 board..then sealed with white rubber seal.the used sticky foam around perimeter of door and used a magnetic latch..door is on adjustable stainless cupboard hinges.cant see no light leaks at all..

Last edited:
Chem77

Chem77

I used laminated chipboard.for walls and door.just built an frame for door using 4x2 board..then sealed with white rubber seal.the used sticky foam around perimeter of door and used a magnetic latch..door is on adjustable stainless cupboard hinges.cant see no light leaks at all.. View attachment 1188092
Same way I did my door, still working 20 years later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom