light question

• Thread starter nybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nybud

Hey guys I am kinda new to the game but I was wondering would I benefit from running a 1000w hps in a 4x4 area or should I use a 400w hps. For vegging should I use cfl's or t5 tubes 2 red 1 blue? thanks for the help:afroweed:

S

snake383

put the biggest light yuo can cool in there and yes cfls will do for vegging

sour power

sour power

for a 4x4 area 1000hps would be better than a 400hps.with the 1000hps in 4x4 thats 62 watts psf.that would be cool but 2 400hps in that same area would be better.for veg t5 tubes will rock also cfl's with 6500 lumens will be cool to.hope this helps,peace!

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Totally go for the thousand watter. You'll thank yourself with nice dense fat nuggetry (or as like to say "nuggular compositions" haha) and higher yields. T5's do the damn thing when it comes to vegging up a nice stout plant with short internodal spacing, not to mention they run very cool and are cheap to run. I've been runnin t5's for at least 5 yrs and haven't looked back.

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

personally i run a 1kw over a 4x4 bed, couldnt be better! definately the way to go!

S

sirshamus

well, i just ordered a new 1000w system for my 4x4x8 tent. will let you guys know how it works out. like johnnybb said, want the dense nuggetry.

N

nybud

"dense nuggetry" lmfao thats funny THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP definetly happy to be a part of FARM!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Cooling and ventilation are way more critical with the 1k so get your hoods and fans setup as well or you can just cook your first attempt..

Is the 4x4 in an open space, closet, grow tent?

Tex

N

nybud

I dont know yet will let you know when I come up with an idea:afroweed:

Top Bottom