Light Rails And Lazy Susans?

• Thread starter Planter01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

I've got some casters and plywood as well as access to some powerful little electric motors. I have to choose the RPMs I want. Has anyone tried growing on a lazy Susan type set up? I figure 1 RPM is sufficient for a 4ft circle but would 3 or 5 be better? I'm just thinking out loud but it feels like a good way to get the most out of my lights. Could someone tell me how fast a light on a rail moves or is it variable. TY.

MW7945

MW7945

Kind of lost. Are you saying put the plants on a lazy susan and spin them at 1 RPM?

Or rotate the light at 1 RPM?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

A while back I had an idea to do that, as well as make it heighth adjustable and able to water plant on it with a hose attachment on the bottom.
It would make the most out of your lighting and would make for extremely uniform plants. If you do decide to go this route I would love to see the process.

Planter01

Planter01

@MW AND Zen. I was just thinking out loud. MW... I would NOT hold the light and turn the house but I can see the confusion. If I had a 4 foot diameter piece of plywood and I attached the drive rod of the one RPM motor to the center of the plywood circle the outside edge of the circle will move 12.56 feet per minute. (roughly). Ive attached a pic of one of my rooms. Its a little over 48" wide and i think i could add a few plants to a grow without the plants having to make any sacrifices. IDK how that would work. I guess I would need to know how fast a light rail moves. Sorry guys. Officially stoned as a rat and the return would probably not be worth the investment of time and energy.
20170127 200155
20170119 210146

brazel

brazel

@MW AND Zen. I was just thinking out loud. MW... I would NOT hold the light and turn the house but I can see the confusion. If I had a 4 foot diameter piece of plywood and I attached the drive rod of the one RPM motor to the center of the plywood circle the outside edge of the circle will move 12.56 feet per minute. (roughly). Ive attached a pic of one of my rooms. Its a little over 48" wide and i think i could add a few plants to a grow without the plants having to make any sacrifices. IDK how that would work. I guess I would need to know how fast a light rail moves. Sorry guys. Officially stoned as a rat and the return would probably not be worth the investment of time and energy.
View attachment 747241 View attachment 747242
You rolling timber or you made yourself? Why so far apart? Move them two to three inches towards the center. Light rail lazy Susan waste of time and money.

Go with what your doing but have something to compare it to

Position lights according to their pattern adjust height by watching leaves.
For best results

Think different? Then test it... you're in control

I mean Common Sense tells you that I light mover or light rail doesn't work I mean seriously when the light moves what do you think happens to the light when it moves light is no longer there put your hand up in the air and stroll around you see how your hand is not above you when you move to the right or left. A plant that uses light doesn't keep it in the leaf it's shared. What about the plant in the corner:/ grow and find out

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

View attachment 747241 View attachment 747242
Ahh yes my bad I see what you were getting at. Must of been way too high for that one lol.
You rolling timber or you made yourself? Why so far apart? Move them two to three inches towards the center. Light rail lazy Susan waste of time and money.

Go with what your doing but have something to compare it to

Position lights according to their pattern adjust height by watching leaves.
For best results

Think different? Then test it... you're in control

I mean Common Sense tells you that I light mover or light rail doesn't work I mean seriously when the light moves what do you think happens to the light when it moves light is no longer there put your hand up in the air and stroll around you see how your hand is not above you when you move to the right or left. A plant that uses light doesn't keep it in the leaf it's shared. What about the plant in the corner:/ grow and find out
Many ppl kill it with light movers. Its more energy efficient and there isn't any hot spot a generally. Big gaps do lead to problems I see what your saying. But smaller rails work fairly efficiently.

brazel

brazel

Ahh yes my bad I see what you were getting at. Must of been way too high for that one lol.

Many ppl kill it with light movers. Its more energy efficient and there isn't any hot spot a generally. Big gaps do lead to problems I see what your saying. But smaller rails work fairly efficiently.
Have the many people killing show data between light movers and not using them using the same growing techniques or after you use them tell me your findings

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Have the many people killing show data between light movers and not using them using the same growing techniques or after you use them tell me your findings
Lol, more energy efficient. Cutting their Lights in half and only getting slightly less yield. Im talking about the 4 ft light rails not the 8 ft. Quality didn't waver. You go ahead and find your own data. I have done my time searching through the forums for data finds for scrubs that say tests or comparison or it's not real. Go ahead to the search bar and search light rails and start going page through page. You might just learn something.:opps:

brazel

brazel

A plant doesn't need equal light, one leaf can transport the light through the whole plant
Lol, more energy efficient. Cutting their Lights in half and only getting slightly less yield. Im talking about the 4 ft light rails not the 8 ft. Quality didn't waver. You go ahead and find your own data. I have done my time searching through the forums for data finds for scrubs that say tests or comparison or it's not real. Go ahead to the search bar and search light rails and start going page through page. You might just learn something.:opps:

brazel

brazel

No need to, I already know. Tell me the names of who you relied on! I know pretty much every grower who's worthy of giving advice. Not trying to argue or be negative.
So you're using 4' rails, how many lights, ways and size of grow room?

4' foot rails... wouldn't it be better to use two lights? More energy efficient then use led. Especially if you build yourself.

Who uses light movers other than home growers? You were sold on marketing, show me any solid proof that light movers warrant their cost and it would be better to invest that cost in more lights. Bottom line is you're wrong and I don't understand why growers get so standoffish or mad when they're wrong.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

No need to, I already know. Tell me the names of who you relied on! I know pretty much every grower who's worthy of giving advice. Not trying to argue or be negative.
So you're using 4' rails, how many lights, ways and size of grow room?

4' foot rails... wouldn't it be better to use two lights? More energy efficient then use led. Especially if you build yourself.

Who uses light movers other than home growers? You were sold on marketing, show me any solid proof that light movers warrant their cost and it would be better to invest that cost in more lights. Bottom line is you're wrong and I don't understand why growers get so standoffish or mad when they're wrong.
A plant doesn't need equal light, one leaf can transport the light through the whole plant
Lol is this guy for real? One leaf transports enough light for the rest of the plant? Omg I'm dying right now. Have you ever grown before or does everyhing come out of your ass? Have you ever grown a tree (cannabis) outdoors and all the lowers on the inside get all yellow and withery? Ever flowered under a t5? When you don't give leaves lighting you aren't feeding them in turn they die off. Its this cool new thing called photosynthesis. Oh wait... You need to pick up a book. Your ignorance on growing is extremely evident. Who uses light movers besides home growers? DING DING DING. Yup he is a home grower, so what's your point?
Wasn't sold on marketing, I don't even own a light rail. I just have seen such great things when ppl add them to their grow and half their lighting.
I do not come here to this site to argue, I come here to give the noobs all the CORRECT information without ppl like you giving out false responses. Also I hate IG.

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I know pretty much every grower who's worthy of giving advice.
Yeah same here. Pretty much know every grower worthy of giving out any good advice... All 55,000 of them..:cry:
Some peoples kids these days.

brazel

brazel

Lol is this guy for real? One leaf transports enough light for the rest of the plant? Omg I'm dying right now. Have you ever grown before or does everyhing come out of your ass? Have you ever grown a tree (cannabis) outdoors and all the lowers on the inside get all yellow and withery? Ever flowered under a t5? When you don't give leaves lighting you aren't feeding them in turn they die off. Its this cool new thing called photosynthesis. Oh wait... You need to pick up a book. Your ignorance on growing is extremely evident. Who uses light movers besides home growers? DING DING DING. Yup he is a home grower, so what's your point?
Wasn't sold on marketing, I don't even own a light rail. I just have seen such great things when ppl add them to their grow and half their lighting.
I do not come here to this site to argue, I come here to give the noobs all the CORRECT information without ppl like you giving out false responses. Also I hate IG.
OMG you're dying... imagine how hard I'm OMGing right now... you can't either read or recite properly which is pathetic considering you had what i wrote right in front of you and in your reply.... let me try this again for the slow.... one leaf can transport light through the whole plant... look what you wrote and look what I wrote and look at the difference! You see when you quote someone you don't get to change the words... I mean come on man it was literally a half inch above what you wrote... Talk about pulling shit out of your ass... But I'll humor you I've grown plenty of plants outside and flowered under T5 LED CFL metal halide high pressure sodium the Moon the parking lot light at Cracker Barrel blah blah blah blah

not that I ever said a plant only needs one leaf but aren't you kind of making that point valid by saying the other leaves that don't get light fall off and die? Because they don't need them anymore because that one leaf is getting light?

Well typically if something can increase yield and lower-cost wouldn't it be used by commercial Growers!?
A four foot light rail hell yeah man that's the shit buy two!

Oh yeah And one leaf can transport light through the whole plant... deal with it.. or tell me your magic number that you need to have

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

OMG you're dying... imagine how hard I'm OMGing right now... you can't either read or recite properly which is pathetic considering you had what i wrote right in front of you and in your reply.... let me try this again for the slow.... one leaf can transport light through the whole plant... look what you wrote and look what I wrote and look at the difference! You see when you quote someone you don't get to change the words... I mean come on man it was literally a half inch above what you wrote... Talk about pulling shit out of your ass... But I'll humor you I've grown plenty of plants outside and flowered under T5 LED CFL metal halide high pressure sodium the Moon the parking lot light at Cracker Barrel blah blah blah blah

not that I ever said a plant only needs one leaf but aren't you kind of making that point valid by saying the other leaves that don't get light fall off and die? Because they don't need them anymore because that one leaf is getting light?

Well typically if something can increase yield and lower-cost wouldn't it be used by commercial Growers!?
A four foot light rail hell yeah man that's the shit buy two!

Oh yeah And one leaf can transport light through the whole plant... deal with it.. or tell me your magic number that you need to have
Well duh Jesus Christ I feel like you regurgitated forums bill shit. Lets see some pics? I don't think you grow, you just are researching how to and now think you can grow the best. Every response I have ever seen come from you ends with blah blah blah and etc. Keep with the vagueness and give even more vague responses. Show me yours and a pic in it that has the date and I will do the same. You sound like the biggest noob trying to act like they know something.

brazel

brazel

Well duh Jesus Christ I feel like you regurgitated forums bill shit. Lets see some pics? I don't think you grow, you just are researching how to and now think you can grow the best. Every response I have ever seen come from you ends with blah blah blah and etc. Keep with the vagueness and give even more vague responses. Show me yours and a pic in it that has the date and I will do the same. You sound like the biggest noob trying to act like they know something.
When have I ever said I grow the best? But yes you're right

Latest posts

Top Bottom