Light Sched

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xan

Xan

I am new and will be starting my first auto flower grow, what would be the light sched? the seeds say they flower in 5 weeks.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I am new and will be starting my first auto flower grow, what would be the light sched? the seeds say they flower in 5 weeks.
I've never ran autos but I think the standard is either 18/6 or 24/0. When it comes to autos, it's really your choice, I suppose

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

There's this guy on YouTube that grows a lot of auto flowers. He runs his light schedule for 24h. Check him out I'm sure his vids will help you out a lot.
His channel is from seed to stoned.

OngSkap

OngSkap

The main idea being mimicking what the daylight would be outside.
Autumn/Winter (veg) - 16-18 hours of light
Spring/Summer (flower) 11-13 hours of light

Reactions: Xan
H

Hdinkleman

i have a auto im growing in a small veg area under a 75 watt 5000k cob on 18/6
not expecting much just want to try it out its early miss from crop king

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

I run a 20/4 normally. I've tried an 18/6 and 24/0 and have found they do seem to enjoy some darkness but don't need a full 6 hours. 4 seems plenty. Thinking of getting crazy and trying 22/2 next grow and see how that goes.

OngSkap

OngSkap

Some of this is just bro science. Do whatever you want but we’re mimicking nature here folks. Most cannabis plants can never get only 2-4 hours of darkness in nature

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The reason that plants can use (as opposed to absolutely need) darkness is due to the stomata (the pores through which CO2 gets in and O2 and water get out) getting turgid from sugars late in the day. Getting turgid constraints the pore, reducing transpiration. A few hours of darkness allows the excess sugars to osmose elsewhere into the plant, causing the turgidity to relax. Or so I read and think I remember accurately from a pretty scholarly article I read the other night.

20/4 sounds good to me, but I don't grow autos.

H

hawkman

Some breeders recommend a 20/4 light cycle ( a plant needs dark time) many use a 18/6 cycle from start to finish with the exception of 24hr light for first week Remember auto can take up to 3 month to grow !!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom