Light setup for seed production?

• Thread starter killyouridol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
killyouridol

killyouridol

Does light intensity play a major role when growing plants for seed production? Are there any special considerations i should have when setting up a grow room for seed production? Thanks

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
yes, T5 would be best and you can work the height out. You would want the production area to have high humidity and temperatures 80/85f 70%+RH.
some growers use heat pads as well. what are you going to be planting in?

killyouridol

killyouridol

yes, T5 would be best and you can work the height out. You would want the production area to have high humidity and temperatures 80/85f 70%+RH.
some growers use heat pads as well. what are you going to be planting in?
Thanks! Initially i would grow them in organic soil but i am willing to try any other suggested medium. 70% humidity sounds like a fungi / mold nightmare to me, do you keep that number when lights are off as well? Thanks

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks! Initially i would grow them in organic soil but i am willing to try any other suggested medium. 70% humidity sounds like a fungi / mold nightmare to me, do you keep that number when lights are off as well? Thanks
Don't use t5s and keep rh under 50%. Top seeds usually get ripe first, the ones on the bottom larf is usually last. Most are ripe in 5-6 weeks

killyouridol

killyouridol

Don't use t5s and keep rh under 50%. Top seeds usually get ripe first, the ones on the bottom larf is usually last. Most are ripe in 5-6 weeks
Thanks, so you basically use the same setup and RH Temp parameters. Any extra N during flowering?

growsince79

growsince79

Not planning on producing big quantities, will focus on R&D for a while so i wont be producing seeds on more than 50 plants until i find something worth producing
Are you gonna make fem seeds or just pick a strong male and hope for the best?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
hey my bad as i didn't understand the question right. I was thinking of starting seeds after soaking them in water. I then keep my humidity and temps up so that it breaks the ground faster.
here is a chart i follow to keep the temps and humidity balanced.

Plant enviroment

Latest posts

Top Bottom