Light upgrade? or don't worry about it?

• Thread starter PhoSoup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was just trying to point out to the op that whether they stick with the hlg 550 or go 600 or 650, all come with an inventronics driver. Thebiomaster kinda made is sound like something the op would have to upgrade to rather than something that comes standard. I agree with all the benefits mentioned.
My bad bro. Reading skills of a stick

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I was just trying to point out to the op that whether they stick with the hlg 550 or go 600 or 650, all come with an inventronics driver. Thebiomaster kinda made is sound like something the op would have to upgrade to rather than something that comes standard. I agree with all the benefits mentioned.

Ummmm...I specifically stated in my post that the Inventronics driver, and I quote "comes with the kits as mentioned".........and "as mentioned" was referring to you sir.

The "upgrade" comes from the OP's thread title.... He is trying to decide whether to upgrade his light bro.....so ya.....he would be "upgrading" going to a Inventronics driver from his current setup.... IMHO.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

The HLG-550 V1 comes with a 480 watt driver from Meanwell....not a Inventronics.

They also use the HLG-600 Meanwell driver in some lights and kits....there is nothing really "standard" about a industry that is changing at the pace of a race horse.....lol!

FourthCity

FourthCity

I have an HLG 550 v2 Rspec for my grow light.
Ummmm...I specifically stated in my post that the Inventronics driver, and I quote "comes with the kits as mentioned".........and "as mentioned" was referring to you sir.

The "upgrade" comes from the OP's thread title.... He is trying to decide whether to upgrade his light bro.....so ya.....he would be "upgrading" going to a Inventronics driver from his current setup.... IMHO.
The HLG-550 V1 comes with a 480 watt driver from Meanwell....not a Inventronics.

They also use the HLG-600 Meanwell driver in some lights and kits....there is nothing really "standard" about a industry that is changing at the pace of a race horse.....lol!
Dont take it personally, I was (and still am) just trying to clear up some confusion from your first and now most recent posts. The op clearly stated that they HLG 550 v2 Rspec, not v1. The v2 already has (or at least should have) an inventronics driver just like the 650r, to be clear, their current setup already includes an inventronics driver with the features you mentioned assuming the light was purchased new and recently like they posted. As the op correctly stated, the major differences between the two lights are the wattage and the way the dimmer is setup, both have inventronics drivers just different watts. I agree with you that the v1 uses a meanwell driver, I also agree the inventronics driver is better, but no one was discussing the v1 in the first place which is why I think your posts are confusing. The part about the inventronics drivers being standard was in reference to HLG making the switch to using them instead of meanwell drivers in their new products, I never stated it was the whole industry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom