Lighting For A 2x2 Or 3x3 Veg Tent. Cobs, Qb, Or T5?

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm planning either a 2x2 or 3x3 ft veg tent (short) for vegging seedlings and keeping mothers. I was originally planning to use T5 but those lower watt QB's got me thinking.. Any suggestions? Just looking for something low wattage to keep mothers slow growing and healthy and a spot to get seedlings and rooted clones started. I wont be using this for flowring at all.

Thanks!

Dan789

Dan789

Imho T5 best cost/value, it would have to be either 4-6 tube 2’ version, $125 or so good for several years till you’d need new tubes.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm planning either a 2x2 or 3x3 ft veg tent (short) for vegging seedlings and keeping mothers. I was originally planning to use T5 but those lower watt QB's got me thinking.. Any suggestions? Just looking for something low wattage to keep mothers slow growing and healthy and a spot to get seedlings and rooted clones started. I wont be using this for flowring at all.

Thanks!
4x QB 132's 3500k for veg/flower..4000k for veg. ($133 on Amazon + a suitable driver)..I run mine on a Meanwell LRS-350-36 in Parallel..Put a dimmer and display (under $15each) on too (The Driver has a limited dimming function ). This is not the driver I mentioned, but a cheapo test driver.
Display

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Dont be cheap when buying leds.
It is totally worth saving some extra bucks for premium lighting.

I’m totally wth you on that. I’m already running x8 Cree 3590 COBs in my flower tent. Not looking to cut corners whatsoever. I’m just trying to decide on what to use for a small tent for mother’s and seedlings.

Buzzer, what’s the coverage footprint for the QB 132’s? Are the QB’s fully dimmable? I find the dimming of my 3590’s VERY helpful..

Thanks!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I’m totally wth you on that. I’m already running x8 Cree 3590 COBs in my flower tent. Not looking to cut corners whatsoever. I’m just trying to decide on what to use for a small tent for mother’s and seedlings.

Buzzer, what’s the coverage footprint for the QB 132’s? Are the QB’s fully dimmable? I find the dimming of my 3590’s VERY helpful..

Thanks!
Not really sure..some plants cringe at the intensity thus a dimmer is needed IMO..I use that lil PWM controller as a dimmer for mine with great results..Right now my flower QBs (2700k) are about 15" away and the Flower ones are about 24" and DIMMED about 20% from max (1750ma vs 2100 Ma max).

Always start higher and move/dim as needed (I veg in a low ceiling closet so dimming is a requirement beyond that. Lighting xpert here seems to be @sixstring

Dimming depends on the driver, and the boards are dimmable from 0-100.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Great! Like I said, dimming my 3590’s is extremely handy. Those things crank out quite a bit of light..

Thanks for the suggestions

Skurt

Skurt

Is that in a 3x3? Yeah I figured that out the hard way after buying a Mars II.. Now I wish I'd went with COBs instead -.-

Latest posts

Top Bottom