Lighting Question for my second grow

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I just came off of my first grow ever of 5 Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers. So far I have trimmed 3 plants and gotten 7 ounces of bud and 3 ounces of trim which I made butter and brownies from (though it wasn't fully cured the brownies came out awesome).
I just got 5 more seeds of Gelato Autos and Bruce Banner Autos. My first run I did my plants in 5 gallon mesh pots, and when I harvested I realized my plants was no where close to filling the pots. So I have purchased 3 gallon for this next grow. I'm either gonna do 2 of each or 3 of each and SCROG. I currently have a Mars Hydro tsl2000. I have a 4x2x5 VIVOSUN Tent. So my question is, based off of my last grow (I believe it was pretty successful but have never grown or seen a grow to compare), should I add a second Mars Hydro TSL2000 or will that be too much?

Lighting question for my second grow
Cypress66

Cypress66

I just came off of my first grow ever of 5 Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers. So far I have trimmed 3 plants and gotten 7 ounces of bud and 3 ounces of trim which I made butter and brownies from (though it wasn't fully cured the brownies came out awesome).
I just got 5 more seeds of Gelato Autos and Bruce Banner Autos. My first run I did my plants in 5 gallon mesh pots, and when I harvested I realized my plants was no where close to filling the pots. So I have purchased 3 gallon for this next grow. I'm either gonna do 2 of each or 3 of each and SCROG. I currently have a Mars Hydro tsl2000. I have a 4x2x5 VIVOSUN Tent. So my question is, based off of my last grow (I believe it was pretty successful but have never grown or seen a grow to compare), should I add a second Mars Hydro TSL2000 or will that be too much?
4x2ft has eight square feet and the ideal range of light and this’ll grow to a good standard your 40wts under lots of growers using the same as you are adding another light your garden is going to be getting a lot bigger and you can dim them both which is a good thing for your lights lifetime but they will have a good amount of light with the one that’s my opinion but it is something that you will have to decide if they are going to be in a 4x4 that’s a good area for the two which is 25 wt per square foot I think you will be fine if you have a good environment and you take care of your plants in the veg period one light is plenty of light don’t get any light stress or light burns maybe when you flower add a second light and then you will be able to get your desired wattage is a good idea to have both your lights on the 75/80% dimmer and the lights are going to be getting a 320wt output more than enough light and the lights will have a longer life that is the 4x2 i was talking about the 4x4ft is probably not going to grow so good with that wattage is a bit too low for the size of the area but it is not impossible for advanced level of growers. The light is a very big part of the growing that’s the way that they grow but the air water and temperature is very important for the plants to grow and grow properly and reach the full potential And your last garden harvest sounds like you are going to be able to get good results good luck with everything i will be keeping my eye on your post pictures would be nice to see when you are ready anyway you take care of your self and peace ✌️

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for answering that. I'm still trying to learn and understand true wattage vs what tye light says. I'm hoping you can answer another question then. I didn't add my Mars hydro till week 5. I started with a cheap Bloomspect 1220 blurple LED. I literally just placed seeds to germinate and hour ago and will be planting them in 2 days. My question is at what percentage should I run this light to start with and how often should I increase the percentage and by how much. I decided I'm going to do 3 gelato Autos and 3 Bruce Banner autos in 3 gallon pots. My last grow I did 5 grandaddy purp in 5 gallon pots and it was way to crammed and not symmetrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you for answering that. I'm still trying to learn and understand true wattage vs what tye light says. I'm hoping you can answer another question then. I didn't add my Mars hydro till week 5. I started with a cheap Bloomspect 1220 blurple LED. I literally just placed seeds to germinate and hour ago and will be planting them in 2 days. My question is at what percentage should I run this light to start with and how often should I increase the percentage and by how much. I decided I'm going to do 3 gelato Autos and 3 Bruce Banner autos in 3 gallon pots. My last grow I did 5 grandaddy purp in 5 gallon pots and it was way to crammed and not symmetrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't do autos, and I don't use leds for seedlings. I would suggest you get a light merer and start at 5000lux. After a week they can probably get 10000lux. GL happy growing

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

This will be my last auto run. Will definetly be doing photos after this grow and we get into out new home. For the purpose of what I needed, it worked and allowed me to learn a few things. I will be ordering a light meter now. Thank You

Top Bottom