Lighting Question

• Thread starter Parrottroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Hi all, so I recently upgraded my LED lights to a Mars Hydro TS 1000 for my 2x2x4 tent. This light puts out way more than my previous LED and when I first put it in it seems like my plants were getting a little scorched. I lowered the dimmer on the light to about 75% and raised it up further from the plants, which seemed to have helped. I am now trying to find the sweet spot and my question is - what’s more important, the strength of the light (turning the dimmer up to 100%) or the distance (moving the light closer)? Would you start with the dimmer and see how they respond before moving the light closer, or vice versa?

thanks!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Get a lux app from the iphone or android and go by that, If there under 3 weeks keep the lux under 20k if there over 3 weeks bump the lux to over 30k till you hit full 100% and the plants show no signs of stress.

My set at 3.5 weeks is under 30k lux atm.. i dunno distance from canopy something like 2 feet or so at approx 50-75%.

Anthem

Anthem

Hi all, so I recently upgraded my LED lights to a Mars Hydro TS 1000 for my 2x2x4 tent. This light puts out way more than my previous LED and when I first put it in it seems like my plants were getting a little scorched. I lowered the dimmer on the light to about 75% and raised it up further from the plants, which seemed to have helped. I am now trying to find the sweet spot and my question is - what’s more important, the strength of the light (turning the dimmer up to 100%) or the distance (moving the light closer)? Would you start with the dimmer and see how they respond before moving the light closer, or vice versa?

thanks!
4' tall tent with that light it might be difficult. The TS is the Mars white lights and they can burn plants if they are too close. 48" tall tent, I am saying 4" for the light from top of tent, like and8" tall pot, 16" of LED space Maybe 12 at full flower. 20 to 24" tall plant at end of flower. You will need to confirm the amount of stretch the strain is known to have.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
4' tall tent with that light it might be difficult. The TS is the Mars white lights and they can burn plants if they are too close. 48" tall tent, I am saying 4" for the light from top of tent, like and8" tall pot, 16" of LED space Maybe 12 at full flower. 20 to 24" tall plant at end of flower. You will need to confirm the amount of stretch the strain is known to have.

I would agree with this, I burned mine with these very mars lights.. shits got some intensity..

Which is why i suggested the app route worked out well for me based on aqua's rec for lux.

Top Bottom