Lights from inside of tent causing stress?

• Thread starter Mr.trichome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.trichome

Mr.trichome

All of my plants started seeding in my flower tent and I have yet to find the cause. Obviously this is extremely frustrating, so I’ve been relentlessly looking for everything wrong with my setup these last few days. Finally decided to turn the lights off and sit in the tent for a good 10 minutes. No obvious leaks while lights outside of the tent are off. Might be a silly question but do you think these extension cord connection lights and my fan’s on/off light could be the culprit? I know that these tiny lights emit such low amounts of power but check out the video (it’s gonna look like a black screen at first) vvv , thank you!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I put electrical tape over any lights on my equipment that is inside the tent, just to be safe.

I don't know if that was the exact cause of your problems but it's 1 factor you can eliminate for the future.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
hmmm... the cause of them seeding? a boy is the cause! i know, you meant you think the hermie came from a light leak.

if everything seeded it was likely more than nanners, and that is what you mostly get from light leaks. maybe some bad genetics and one grew pollen sacs? which is still a hermie, but totally different in cause and considerations.

nanners are the innards of a pollen sac without the sac part, so there is no collecting of pollen just a small sort of trickle that normally gets stuff right under it and maybe one or two buds here and there.

if one was a female but turned male, or parts were male with balls and sticks, that would get them all. and that is a lot of the time genetics more than stress.

not to say it wasnt light, but i would bet on it being a male that escaped you or a female grew some balls early on due to bad genetics.

but there is very little science on this. some decent papers and a couple of peer reviewed pieces, but nothing really on why and how. it appears to be hormonal though.

Mr.trichome

Mr.trichome

I put electrical tape over any lights on my equipment that is inside the tent, just to be safe.

I don't know if that was the exact cause of your problems but it's 1 factor you can eliminate for the future.
Definitely going to cover them up, thanks for chipping in.

Mr.trichome

Mr.trichome

hmmm... the cause of them seeding? a boy is the cause! i know, you meant you think the hermie came from a light leak.

if everything seeded it was likely more than nanners, and that is what you mostly get from light leaks. maybe some bad genetics and one grew pollen sacs? which is still a hermie, but totally different in cause and considerations.

nanners are the innards of a pollen sac without the sac part, so there is no collecting of pollen just a small sort of trickle that normally gets stuff right under it and maybe one or two buds here and there.

if one was a female but turned male, or parts were male with balls and sticks, that would get them all. and that is a lot of the time genetics more than stress.

not to say it wasnt light, but i would bet on it being a male that escaped you or a female grew some balls early on due to bad genetics.

but there is very little science on this. some decent papers and a couple of peer reviewed pieces, but nothing really on why and how. it appears to be hormonal though.
Definitely upsetting but it is what it is I suppose. I appreciate the insight, definitely helped me cope. Going to just take my losses and finish these up the best I can to make a nug run with. Learn from my lessons and carry it into the next crop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom