Likelihood of bag seed to herm

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I disagree. You posted a “fact” that you read. If someone challenges it is your responsibility to show proof.

If you cant you shouldnt have posted the “fact”

Ok I never said it was fact? I just made a statement..

And show me where in lifes handbook it says I have to show proof when someones challenges me?

Thats an odd way of thinking, I wonder how come people in power like the president don't adhere to that standard of living?

I wonder how come almost no one adheres to that, because its socially stupid.. I shouldn't have to dig around for hours on end to find some proof because someone asks for it.. You do your own research, If you don't believe a statement i made, PROVE ME WRONG..

I don't have to prove im right.. Not anymore you have to prove im wrong..

Its like walmart they implimented this whole show us your recipet at the door, to prove you didn't steal anything, Thing is I DONT HAVE TO I just went thru the check out line, You wanna prove i stole something call the cops and give the evidence, But im under NO obligation to show you my fucking recipet at walmart, They seem to think I am,, But i'm not lol

Same principle here..

This is a more less free speech board, Your free to hold me accountable to my statistic by proving im wrong, unless you can't Then your just posting your opinion and calling it fact and saying my statement that i never claimed to be fact, is bullshit.

No one in this thread has posted " proof " one way or the other, you posted your experience I've posted what i've read over the years and seen my brother deal with..

No ones posted FACTS tho.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Also here..

It is important to distinguish between a real hermaphrodite and a monoecious hermaphrodite.
A real hermaphrodite will have both an X and a Y chromosome. Real hermaphrodites are uncommon, especially from good seedbanks.
Monoecious hermaphrodites are much more common.

Monoecious hermaphrodites are often the result of poor environment as opposed to genetics.
Many growers over feed which is for some varieties enough to make a female plant produce male flowers. Heat is also a very common cause of stress. This is how the "feminized seeds make hermies" myth began.

The resulting seeds from a monoecious hermaphrodite are certainly not useless. They are feminized seeds that are as likely to become monoecious hermaphrodites in the same conditions the parents did.

When a female plant (XX) produces male flowers, it is a normal and natural survival mechanism. The pollen only has X chromosomes, so it can not produce male plants.

Properly made feminized seeds make 99.999999999% female plants. That, along with the latest findings on cannabis sex determination, lead me to believe that a plant's sex is determined in the seed.

https://www.invalid.com/t/hermies-everything-you-need-to-know-faqs.341718/

Also there.

If you have both chromes.. then what does that mean?

Means you can make more fucking hermies..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Something interesting: I have done some minor sleuthing and found like four other cases of people w stories like mine from this batch. All around the state. Suggests it was multiple plants. More likely an environment issue? Also, has anyone heard of this "alpha feminizing" stuff?

Screenshot 20200705 161131
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok I never said it was fact? I just made a statement..

And show me where in lifes handbook it says I have to show proof when someones challenges me?

Thats an odd way of thinking, I wonder how come people in power like the president don't adhere to that standard of living?

I wonder how come almost no one adheres to that, because its socially stupid.. I shouldn't have to dig around for hours on end to find some proof because someone asks for it.. You do your own research, If you don't believe a statement i made, PROVE ME WRONG..

I don't have to prove im right.. Not anymore you have to prove im wrong..

Its like walmart they implimented this whole show us your recipet at the door, to prove you didn't steal anything, Thing is I DONT HAVE TO I just went thru the check out line, You wanna prove i stole something call the cops and give the evidence, But im under NO obligation to show you my fucking recipet at walmart, They seem to think I am,, But i'm not lol

Same principle here..

This is a more less free speech board, Your free to hold me accountable to my statistic by proving im wrong, unless you can't Then your just posting your opinion and calling it fact and saying my statement that i never claimed to be fact, is bullshit.

No one in this thread has posted " proof " one way or the other, you posted your experience I've posted what i've read over the years and seen my brother deal with..

No ones posted FACTS tho.

The proper behavior for a discussion when you make a statement and another asks for legitimacy is to back it up.

And its the proper behavior for a discussion forum as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also here..

It is important to distinguish between a real hermaphrodite and a monoecious hermaphrodite.
A real hermaphrodite will have both an X and a Y chromosome. Real hermaphrodites are uncommon, especially from good seedbanks.
Monoecious hermaphrodites are much more common.

Monoecious hermaphrodites are often the result of poor environment as opposed to genetics.
Many growers over feed which is for some varieties enough to make a female plant produce male flowers. Heat is also a very common cause of stress. This is how the "feminized seeds make hermies" myth began.

The resulting seeds from a monoecious hermaphrodite are certainly not useless. They are feminized seeds that are as likely to become monoecious hermaphrodites in the same conditions the parents did.

When a female plant (XX) produces male flowers, it is a normal and natural survival mechanism. The pollen only has X chromosomes, so it can not produce male plants.

Properly made feminized seeds make 99.999999999% female plants. That, along with the latest findings on cannabis sex determination, lead me to believe that a plant's sex is determined in the seed.

Also there.

If you have both chromes.. then what does that mean?

Means you can make more fucking hermies..

Yes you are incorrect calling it a hermie. Thats why i only used the word reversal.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
I ended up with 2 females 13 herms and 5 males from 20 bag seed i dropped in the soil in mid February. GRANTED i did put those fuckers through the ringer so it could have been all me, i hope not.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yes you are incorrect calling it a hermie. Thats why i only used the word reversal.
Do you believe this plant likely reversed, which is different from herming? I believe it was commercially grown skunk hero from ethos genetics and the problem was over multiple plants. Also the seeds from this breeder are put through the above referenced feminization process, which is a black box to me.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Do you believe this plant likely reversed, which is different from herming? I believe it was commercially grown skunk hero from ethos genetics and the problem was over multiple plants. Also the seeds from this breeder are put through the above referenced feminization process, which is a black box to me.

Ethos is notorious for hermie seeds!!! LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The process they described is just hype. There are a few ways to block ethylene and force male flowers on a female plant. They all work. Theirs isnt “less stressful” or anything.

And a true hermie would grow both male and female flowers from the onset and all over the plant.

A stress reversed plant is far nore common. All of my reversals have been from heat or nutrient stress and i ran many of them again after revegging a clone and none reversed the second time.

And again none of my stress seeds ever reversed. Im sure i was quite careful with feeding though.

I have no experience with ethos.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The process they described is just hype. There are a few ways to block ethylene and force male flowers on a female plant. They all work. Theirs isnt “less stressful” or anything.

And a true hermie would grow both male and female flowers from the onset and all over the plant.

A stress reversed plant is far nore common. All of my reversals have been from heat or nutrient stress and i ran many of them again after revegging a clone and none reversed the second time.

And again none of my stress seeds ever reversed. Im sure i was quite careful with feeding though.

I have no experience with ethos.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

So if I run four of these and I'm nice to them the odds are good that one won't suck?
Outdoor with no toppings or stress you’ll have no seeds indoor and a little stress and the toss nanners. From my experience. Best
This is a completely made up statistic. I have planted many “bag seeds” from my own plants that reversed some from stress and not one of them has reversed in the new grow. If the stress that reversed the original plant that made seeds is removed the plant will likely not reverse.
mh best cut of red velvet can from about 11 seed I got out a 1/2 lb of deps I popped 6 of em all were fire but 1 was the 1 I had her cut for 3 years now. It was a bag seed. Indoor sometimes she will throw nanners so late in flower there ain’t any seeds. But for some reason outside is a lot less stressful

Latest posts

Top Bottom