Lil Wayne's Miami apartment scares off potential buyers because of marijuana smell

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

http://www.examiner.com/x-17746-Phi...otential-buyers-of-because-of-marijuana-smell

December 13, 9:24
AM Philadelphia Pop Culture Examiner Donyel Griffin

Lil Wayne is one of the biggest names in hip-hop right now. Actually, he's one of the biggest names in music right now (he had the biggest-selling album of 2008). He's also geared to genre-jump by releasing a rock album in February. Besides that, we also know that the pint-size rapper has been unapologetically open about his drugs of choice which are of syrup and marijuana, but now marijuana is preventing the Louisiana native's Miami apartment from being sold for the listing price of $520,000. Potential buyers are turned off simply because it smells like marijuana.

He currently rents the three bedroom, two bathroom apartment that is being sold and a couple recently visited the property. The couple that remained anonymous told The NY Post about their experience visiting when they considered buying the South Beach property. The first oddity they claim is that broker asked them two direct questions when they expressed interest: "Are you offended by the smell of marijuana? And do you mind coming late in the afternoon? It's currently rented by Lil Wayne, and these are not morning people."

The couple went to the rental property anyway despite those upfront questions, but found it to be immersed inside in a cloud of marijuana smoke. The potential buyer said that, "Once we got there, a member of Wayne's posse opened the door to the overwhelming smell of marijuana. Two hot, rap-video-looking girls were walking around in nothing but a bra and underwear, blasting hip-hop. We just went in and looked around and tried not to stare,” they revealed. "He had a perfectly organized closet of crisp T-shirts on hangers, neatly stacked piles of XXL magazine, and a fully stocked bar featuring multiple bottles of Hennessy Black."

It's not uncommon for marijuana to be the recreational drug of choice for many celebrities, but when you can't put away the drugs for a showing of your apartment, there's a problem. Although there is much buzz around the nation lately about the legalization of marijuana, it's still not legal and surely most people don't want the smell of marijuana permeating through the air while they visit a potential home.

Unfortunately for the broker, Lil Wayne is still occupying the apartment until someone makes an offer, so only time will tell how long it takes to sell. Lil Wayne, however, does not have that much time left. The top-selling artist is expected to be sentenced soon for gun charges that stem from an October 22 plea and serve a year in prison.

Lil wayne
ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

good post, sounds bout right for most of if not all the farmers as well

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

LOL it's because he is helping the DEA take care of the U.S. drug problems. More here.

true grit

true grit

Keepin it 100 bitches......

Thats why wayne is my fave mainstream rapper- crazy creativity and no shame in his drug use. Anyone hear him on his "miss" katie couric interview? She asked about his weed smoking habits...first he said he uses it medicinally, then she pissed him off telling him he used to much so he straight said- i like weed, I'm an outlaw and i'm gonna smoke as much as i want. Lol..

Illmind

Illmind

hmm thought gettin shot was cool. apparently 1 yr jail sentences are cool now. next up cam'ron is gonna get shot while serving a yr ohhhhhhhhhh what now. dude better get them tear drops taken off or he man food.

Top Bottom