Limp little fella

• Thread starter mancorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

I'm not an indoor grower so my indoor setup is far from optimal. But I normally start a mother or two this time of year and grow for a couple months inside (from a dispensary clone). I have a cheap Galaxy Hydro 300W, 9 band, 100 PCS 3W LED. Don't really know much about lights but have seen info online where posters suggest it's a super red light without much blue. (I only see 11 blue LEDs.) I think the Par level is ~245 @ 18". The light is in a spare bathroom shower stall (2.5' x 2.5'). I have no temp or humidity control and the daytime temp is around 65 and the humidity fluctuates depending on weather, but never gets much above 50rh. I have the lights up at 45" as it just seems like they fry when I'm down to the recommended 18".

I've had the light about 4 years and pretty much have the same problem during the early stages. Here's the plant this morning after about 1.5 hours light.
Limp little fella

She's all clawed up and hating life. If I take her out side, she'll perk up within a couple hours.

Limp little fella 2

I suspect a lighting problem since the temp, humidity, feeding/watering is basically the same if the plants are inside or out but have been unable to figure out what's happening. Besides the clawing the leaf edge have yellowing and newest leaves are lime green (kind of what you'd expect, but more pronounced than what I normally see outdoors). The new leaves also feel a little thick and wrinkeled. Seems like this happens with the majority of the plants, where they're just crap for the first month. Almost all the plants seems to eventually come around and look pretty decent before I start cloning. Here's last year's mother after about 45 days.

Limp little fella 3

Any ideas of what's going on?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
soil needs wet/dry! cycle, airflow.
soil looks kinda compact also..
put more holes in bottom and sides for air flow.

mancorn

mancorn

Thanks, Soil is primarily Fox Farm. Plant just got watered and I'll let her dry out. Will add some more air holes though.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Good looking plants. Pretty much all my grows were flowered with the galaxyhydro 300w. I always used cfls for vegging. Take a look at my profile pictures to see everything I've done with it. XD

20200124 154558
mancorn

mancorn

Good looking plants. Pretty much all my grows were flowered with the galaxyhydro 300w. I always used cfls for vegging. Take a look at my profile pictures to see everything I've done with it. XD

Yeah that's my light. Have you tried early veg with it?

Edit: duh, I just looked at your pics

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yeah that's my light. Have you tried early veg with it?

Edit: duh, I just looked at your pics
Had not even attempted any kind of veg with it. It simply wouldn't do well what with the lack of blue light and all but it is effective, essential even, for bloom. As you might already know :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom