Lineage And Pheno Info Needed!

• Thread starter Necromancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Necromancer

Necromancer

Good Evening Farmers,
I recently picked up a couple packs of seeds and was wondering if i can get a little more information than what's already out their on the internet. I would like to learn more information about 2 different strains (same breeder) the lineage and what phenos to look out for. I currently have 2 Urkle s1 with different pheno's
Breeder: Nspecta CSI Humboldt
*Strains*
Purple Urkle s1
Mendocino Purp s1

Thank You
Necro

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe @Nspecta might drop in and clarify these strains for you. I haven't run those 2 in particular but have been having a love affair with his Cornbread Bubba for 3 years running. :) More than a few farmers here run his gear as well. Someone will drop by and help you out.

I will say this, anything coming out of his stable is sure to please if grown with love and respect.!

Good grow karma in your journey and garden.

Heres some Cornbread

Tower of power cornbread

Jumpincactus Cornbread

Necromancer

Necromancer

Maybe @Nspecta might drop in and clarify these strains for you. I haven't run those 2 in particular but have been having a love affair with his Cornbread Bubba for 3 years running. :) More than a few farmers here run his gear as well. Someone will drop by and help you out.

I will say this, anything coming out of his stable is sure to please if grown with love and respect.!

Good grow karma in your journey and garden.

Heres some Cornbread

View attachment 738029

View attachment 738030

@jc That cornbread was on my list until wifey made me choose. I've heard so many good thing's about that strain and that its one of if not their BEST in their inventory. What else do you like to run? i was checking your post to try and get a peek at your grow but was unable to, probably partially due to my inexperience with these touchscreen devices and lack of knowledge with computers. I would love to scroll through your current or past grows just to skim through and see where i can improve with my own grows. I must admit none of my previous grows match up to what you showed me in those pictures and im always looking for a way to improve or better my grow.
@jc im happy to be back and that you remembered me so that we were able to talk again. until next time my friend, be safe!

Necromancer

Necromancer

what i was trying to figure out was What is the lineage of Mendocino purp and Purple Urkle... ive spoken to Subcool (Yea he's a dickhead at first but after continuing a conversation with him, he gets less defensive and you can see that he's a cool nice person who went through a lot of shit) He stated that Mendocino Purp and Purple Urkle are two totally different strains and that Purple Urkle is not just a phenotype but it's own strain. I informed him about the information from leafy and he reiterated and insisted that Mendocino Purp and Purple Urkle are not the same strain, So with two conflicting information, I said my best luck to get to the bottom of all of this was to come here talk to the growers and hopefully get some confirmation of what's true and not from Nspecta himself!

Last edited:
Necromancer

Necromancer

From my interpretation of the chart you provided.. your saying subcool was correct... right logic?

Necromancer

Necromancer

when you have a chance can you get me one of those charts for Mendocino Purp also... i would like to print them out and keep it for my records.
Thank you.
Necro

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jc That cornbread was on my list until wifey made me choose. I've heard so many good thing's about that strain and that its one of if not their BEST in their inventory. What else do you like to run? i was checking your post to try and get a peek at your grow but was unable to, probably partially due to my inexperience with these touchscreen devices and lack of knowledge with computers. I would love to scroll through your current or past grows just to skim through and see where i can improve with my own grows. I must admit none of my previous grows match up to what you showed me in those pictures and im always looking for a way to improve or better my grow.
@jc im happy to be back and that you remembered me so that we were able to talk again. until next time my friend, be safe!
Got nuthin but love for you brother. Good to c you around. Been a couple of secs. Hope your well man.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Any urkle growers can give me some advice on witch urkle or mendo phenos to look out for?

GuyMontag

GuyMontag

Necroing a dead thread for someone named Necromancer...lol, love it.

what i was trying to figure out was What is the lineage of Mendocino purp and Purple Urkle... ive spoken to Subcool (Yea he's a dickhead at first but after continuing a conversation with him, he gets less defensive and you can see that he's a cool nice person who went through a lot of shit) He stated that Mendocino Purp and Purple Urkle are two totally different strains and that Purple Urkle is not just a phenotype but it's own strain. I informed him about the information from leafy and he reiterated and insisted that Mendocino Purp and Purple Urkle are not the same strain, So with two conflicting information, I said my best luck to get to the bottom of all of this was to come here talk to the growers and hopefully get some confirmation of what's true and not from Nspecta himself!

With a little Google work, you can find pics of Urkle and Mendo side by side, and they're very clearly not the same thing.

Leafly is legitimately the worst possible place you can go to get accurate strain information. seedfinder is certainly better, but still has some glaringly bad entries. Leafly is seriously absolute trash for anything but checking out menus.

Fuck Sub, but he's not wrong here. In the opinion of many, Nspecta is the ultimate knowledge on all things purple, but hasn't been here in a while. Here's a quote from Nspecta on another forum (from years ago), because it's the next best thing.

"@30years~ I woulda thought you, of all folks, woulda known where Urkle comes from...it's been in SoHum since at least the late 80's according to the cats closest to the source...reputed to be a Purple Pakistani/Skunk #1 hybrid. I didn't think the Bay had Urkle as early as '98...I don't think Ken even had his "GrandDaddy" that early...which he claims to have gotten out of Salmon Creek.

@TheRealHash~ Purple Indica, Purple Urkle, & Mendo Purple are all very different plants...PI & PU could share a very distant relationship but I see zero relation to PI with the MP. Purple Indica & Purple Urkle look like they could be Pakistani dom phenotypes whereas Mendo Purple looks more like an Afghani type.

And what's up with all the misinformation in this thread comparing &/or claiming Mendo Purple & Purple Urkle relations? Have any of these people ever even grown MP & PU? I feel bad for people just looking for legit information and having to wade through all the bull$#!t garbage just to get a tidbit of facts here and there...unfortunately, by the time you make it through all the nonsense who know's what really is the truth if you do find it"

Necromancer

Necromancer

Necroing a dead thread for someone named Necromancer...lol, love it.

With a little Google work, you can find pics of Urkle and Mendo side by side, and they're very clearly not the same thing.

Leafly is legitimately the worst possible place you can go to get accurate strain information. seedfinder is certainly better, but still has some glaringly bad entries. Leafly is seriously absolute trash for anything but checking out menus.

Fuck Sub, but he's not wrong here. In the opinion of many, Nspecta is the ultimate knowledge on all things purple, but hasn't been here in a while. Here's a quote from Nspecta on another forum (from years ago), because it's the next best thing.

"@30years~ I woulda thought you, of all folks, woulda known where Urkle comes from...it's been in SoHum since at least the late 80's according to the cats closest to the source...reputed to be a Purple Pakistani/Skunk #1 hybrid. I didn't think the Bay had Urkle as early as '98...I don't think Ken even had his "GrandDaddy" that early...which he claims to have gotten out of Salmon Creek.

@TheRealHash~ Purple Indica, Purple Urkle, & Mendo Purple are all very different plants...PI & PU could share a very distant relationship but I see zero relation to PI with the MP. Purple Indica & Purple Urkle look like they could be Pakistani dom phenotypes whereas Mendo Purple looks more like an Afghani type.

And what's up with all the misinformation in this thread comparing &/or claiming Mendo Purple & Purple Urkle relations? Have any of these people ever even grown MP & PU? I feel bad for people just looking for legit information and having to wade through all the bull$#!t garbage just to get a tidbit of facts here and there...unfortunately, by the time you make it through all the nonsense who know's what really is the truth if you do find it"
I notice a Big difference between PU and MP. Definitely not the same plant. I favor one over the other and to tell the truth she almost didn't make it because I didn't know she was the one I've been looking for and was abused and neglected. I believe I got a little lucky on this one. Now the wheels are turning and I expect things to move much more quicker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom