Little advice/help needed for a newbie

• Thread starter RedFox6353
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RedFox6353

RedFox6353

Okay, long story short, im a grass smoker, but never considered growing a plant, untill in one pack of weed i bought (it was critikal kush) i found a seed and tought i might try growing it! Honestly, i did not think that it will actually grow, but it did and i fell in love with it and would like to smoke its flowers... but here is the thing: every leaf of the plant has 5 fingers so far, i checked what it means and there is a chance that i have a "ruderalis" plant wich has very low thc level. Im useing only sun light, plant gets about 8-9 hours of direct sunlight, but it grows really fast! My question is: is it worth the trouble/effort? I mean i have the seed from a pack of weed i bought and i really dont know if it will grow smokeable buds. Honestly i dont know anything about growing weed but watching the seed growing to a plant was fun and so far it looks healthy, no sign of any damage or disease! Any advice or help is appreciated! Im including pictures of the plant, currently it is about 2 months old! Thank you

Little advicehelp needed for a newbie
Little advicehelp needed for a newbie 2
Little advicehelp needed for a newbie 3
Little advicehelp needed for a newbie 4
Little advicehelp needed for a newbie 5
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Okay, long story short, im a grass smoker, but never considered growing a plant, untill in one pack of weed i bought (it was critikal kush) i found a seed and tought i might try growing it! Honestly, i did not think that it will actually grow, but it did and i fell in love with it and would like to smoke its flowers... but here is the thing: every leaf of the plant has 5 fingers so far, i checked what it means and there is a chance that i have a "ruderalis" plant wich has very low thc level. Im useing only sun light, plant gets about 8-9 hours of direct sunlight, but it grows really fast! My question is: is it worth the trouble/effort? I mean i have the seed from a pack of weed i bought and i really dont know if it will grow smokeable buds. Honestly i dont know anything about growing weed but watching the seed growing to a plant was fun and so far it looks healthy, no sign of any damage or disease! Any advice or help is appreciated! Im including pictures of the plant, currently it is about 2 months old! Thank you
your hooked now! haha.
the plant looks good!
it’s about time to transplant her/him.
what soil you using?

RedFox6353

RedFox6353

Well, i had a houseplant once which died out (i think it was called Flamingo) and i just used that soil to plant the seed. But you are right, im hooked :D problem is that im not sure if can plant it to a bigger pot, it is very illegal here in my contry and i read it once that if you have a small pot then it wont grow upwards but sideways. I donno if it is true...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, what would you transplant it into?
soil?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well, i had a houseplant once which died out (i think it was called Flamingo) and i just used that soil to plant the seed. But you are right, im hooked :D problem is that im not sure if can plant it to a bigger pot, it is very illegal here in my contry and i read it once that if you have a small pot then it wont grow upwards but sideways. I donno if it is true...
🤔🤔 don’t think so, haha..
your decision as you will need some basics to get it to the finish..
can you grow in on the balcony?

RedFox6353

RedFox6353

🤔🤔 don’t think so, haha..
your decision as you will need some basics to get it to the finish..
can you grow in on the balcony?
I can buy soil and a bigger pot, its no problem, i just tought it is not necessery. But if there is no other way, im on it... any recommendatioms?

TSD

TSD

Yes it will get root bound and die if you don't transplant, needs room to grow. You can top it and/or train it down to look like a bush. Poke around this forum, it's a wealth of knowledge.

Texasbob

Texasbob

I say grow it to completion! Hell, the worst thing that can happen is you get some experience! Growing is addictive and it sounds like you have been bitten so you have more to gain than lose. While this plant grows you can order seeds for a reputable site so you will have quality genetics for your next grow!

RedFox6353

RedFox6353

False ! Small pots just grow smaller plants and require more maintenance! I grow plants in qt containers all the time
Wooow, that actually looks smaller than my pot! So there is really no need to put it in a bigger pot? I am affraid that i will do something wrong and damage the roots, so if it is not absolutly necessery, then i would leave this on in the current pot! I am already on ordering lamps, box, seeds and everything for the next growing, nothing big, max 2-3 plants, but with my current plant i have a special bound so i really dont want to damage it, i think i just leave it like how it is now.i will experiment with next one... is it bad if the root is already coming out of the pot on the bottom?

TSD

TSD

False ! Small pots just grow smaller plants and require more maintenance! I grow plants in qt containers all the time
But.... why? Lol. They definitely can get root bound and die if you don't know what you're doing. Also, if his plant is a photo period monster size strain, that probably won't end well

RedFox6353

RedFox6353

But.... why? Lol. They definitely can get root bound and die if you don't know what you're doing. Also, if his plant is a photo period monster size strain, that probably won't end well
I have the seed from a pack of weed i bought, it was Critikal Kush... i dont know if it grows big or not...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wooow, that actually looks smaller than my pot! So there is really no need to put it in a bigger pot? I am affraid that i will do something wrong and damage the roots, so if it is not absolutly necessery, then i would leave this on in the current pot! I am already on ordering lamps, box, seeds and everything for the next growing, nothing big, max 2-3 plants, but with my current plant i have a special bound so i really dont want to damage it, i think i just leave it like how it is now.i will experiment with next one... is it bad if the root is already coming out of the pot on the bottom?

Moshmen

Moshmen

My bad it prolly should be in a larger container much easier to grow as well . Just saying it is possible.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Transplant until you have moshmen’s experience.

Top Bottom