Little help needed

• Thread starter smeagol265
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

We all pitch in here and try to help each other.
I hope your pots are the cloth pots or air pots..They grow much better plants and are almost impossible to overwater in.

My grows are mostly FF Strawberry Fields/Happy Frog for indoors, but promix HP for outdoors. (no gnats with promix)
I am in Nevada's high desert country..I grow a few outdoors mostly for fresh frozen hash and rosin..I still enjoy flower..matter of fact..it's all good..LOL

View attachment 879308
Those are beautiful! Have you thought about putting those bags on something to insulate them from the hot deck?

S

smeagol265

Those are beautiful! Have you thought about putting those bags on something to insulate them from the hot deck?
I agree with you. They are beautiful. It would be nice if the backwoods law makers would pull their heads out of their buts and let us folks down here grow legally. Maybe in a few years.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My pots are hard plastic but have extra 8 Holden drilled in them. The bottom sits on expanded metal and a catch pot under them. I check my wetness 2 times a day. After a grow or 2 I will probably get better grow pots. I have to just a good amount of citric acid because my Well water has a ph of 7.5 I have a good gnat control.
I drill out nursery pots for extending veg, (actually used a soldering iron...)but the cloth pots are relatively cheap and air pruning of the roots is fantastic. There are tons of knockoff Smartpots out there..even cheaper and can be reused and washed at least 4 times.

S

smeagol265

I drill out nursery pots for extending veg, (actually used a soldering iron...)but the cloth pots are relatively cheap and air pruning of the roots is fantastic. There are tons of knockoff Smartpots out there..even cheaper and can be reused and washed at least 4 times.
View attachment 879314
I will go on eBay and buy a few for my next grow and tryem out. I'm always open for new ideas.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I will go on eBay and buy a few for my next grow and tryem out. I'm always open for new ideas.
@smeagol265
I have used these from 3 to 15 gallon sizes..Great deal, excellent vendor too (not me..LOL)!
He is out of the 3 and 5 gallon, so when he gets them in, I will order more.

Air pruning
[/URL]

S

smeagol265

@smeagol265
I have used these from 3 to 15 gallon sizes..Great deal, excellent vendor too (not me..LOL)!
He is out of the 3 and 5 gallon, so when he gets them in, I will order more.

Air pruning
[/URL]

I ordered 8 - 5 gal. Pots on eBay They should be here bout 06 15 19. Thanks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nicely done but experiment with living soil approach with 25+ gallon grow bags. And if you want trees, go 100 gallon minimum grow bag with 20lbs of living soil mixed into the bottom third. My jack herer grew to a bit over 15 feet tall and yielded 5lbs, 6.5ozs dry weight of high grade. It's twin in the 25 gallon got about 2lbs at 7ish ft tall harvest. Also, the living soil, no till approach is much less work. No need to even check ph. Just water as needed until harvest.
No soil additives, amendmentss. No fertilizing. No ph adjustments. Hell, you will likely need no pesticides or fungicides either but no guarantees on that. All you really need is good well water or RO water at 6.3 +/- ph. No public tap water or distilled water!!! Investigate, learn, expand...by harvest time in 2020, you'll be glad you did.
Damn nice Grow you got there!
This yr. I went to 15 gallon pots; not for more yield, but for less work! My freezer still has last yr's product waiting for the hash run. I can't consume that much (only for me and mine).
This yr. getting stacked and ready to rock later this month. Decided to grow my 1st auto too (a gifted seed). Cute and stinky lil thing..LMAO

S

smeagol265

I didn't think you were gonna order this fast, and didn't mention that the only ones that I found to be poor quality (thin) were the Ipower ones. Vivosuns and Hydrocrunch are my favs..Plz keep us posted.
I needed 2 get them asap because I have 4 nl,s fem. that are 2 wks old and ready to put in grow pots and get this grow going. Thanks for all the info.

valjack

valjack

This plant is 84 days old aurora indica fem. Can anyone maybe look at the pic and give me an idea bout when it will be ready for my ax. Lots of the leaves have began turning yellow. Thanks smeagol
Buy a jeweler's loupe and look at trichomes.

Top Bottom