Little stealthy diy low budget experimental home grown

• Thread starter jmand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello, I have read a little bit on misting. Its my understanding that when you want to mist plants you can mix a little bit of soap in to help the leaves to pickup water. I think it matter a lot when you mist.

If you mist when the lights turn on the water drops on leaves could act as a magnifyer and make those burn marks i think. I am not certain about misting when lights out. That could pose a problem with high humidity.

I am sure someone more experienced here will pop in

jmand

jmand

Hello, I have read a little bit on misting. Its my understanding that when you want to mist plants you can mix a little bit of soap in to help the leaves to pickup water. I think it matter a lot when you mist.

If you mist when the lights turn on the water drops on leaves could act as a magnifyer and make those burn marks i think. I am not certain about misting when lights out. That could pose a problem with high humidity.

I am sure someone more experienced here will pop in
I done in every grow and I know a lot of growers and they all do it.. I also worked as a professional Gardner. Tbh I think its all a myth about it making burn marks... It makes no sense.. Do we get burn marks on our skin under water droplets ? Dont you think plants are used to and protected from water on their skin, they had it for Billion's of years.. Every morning all the grass and plants are covered in water droplets and High humidity.. If it rains and there is sun which is very common .. Then wouldn't all the plants be burning ?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I see your point, I think its plausible that water drops in a led grow indoor can cause burn marks. I have read it here and there. Outdoors i dont think its an issue . But I might have been misinformed. If you have good experience doing it then trust your good experience doing it.

In jorge cervantes horticulture bible he mentions mixing in a drop of soap when foliar feeding which could be done once a week.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
there is a lot of heat coming down from the lights onto my plants.. I am saying that will a heatsink direct more of that out the back instead of out the front? I feel this fan solution is out of date and perhaps for these less effeciant lights..

will a different of 2.2 vs 2.9 umol/j make a lot of difference on the amount of heat its putting out into the space you think?

Also I am saying that its such a small space that a big board like these kinda cuts the air circulation down a lot...

Anyway I got a samsung LED meanwell driver board... I figured I need to test it out and see what works..

I dont like the look of the viperspectra and they are too large and also not samsung and meanwell.. I think they will be on par with the fecida, which is an extremely powerful light with many good reviews on YT and Amazon.

More about how its distributing heat around my space and interacting with the air flow.
I get a lot of heat off my 1000w hps and for a while in a small space I was in and summer temps created a hot room & hanging plants I hung an exhaust fan duct within inches of the light sucking heat right from the source and vented it out of the room. It dropped my temps an extra 5* it brought me down to 84f I added another fan and my plants were fine afterwards.
Maybe you can do similar to get the heat down. I use bathroom fans I box up and hook ducting to it gives me an intake and exhaust with 2 cheap fans. I run them 24/7 or I have a minute by minute timer I can adjust as needed.

jmand

jmand

I see your point, I think its plausible that water drops in a led grow indoor can cause burn marks. I have read it here and there. Outdoors i dont think its an issue . But I might have been misinformed. If you have good experience doing it then trust your good experience doing it.

In jorge cervantes horticulture bible he mentions mixing in a drop of soap when foliar feeding which could be done once a week.
you're most kind.
I fed some tomato feed to my plants today I hope it helps thanks for the pointer!
Yeah I men cmon spraying some water on it isnt gonna hurt!
I dunno about soap to me that sounds like the worst idea possible for something I want to vape or smoke! hahah

jmand

jmand

I get a lot of heat off my 1000w hps and for a while in a small space I was in and summer temps created a hot room & hanging plants I hung an exhaust fan duct within inches of the light sucking heat right from the source and vented it out of the room. It dropped my temps an extra 5* it brought me down to 84f I added another fan and my plants were fine afterwards.
Maybe you can do similar to get the heat down. I use bathroom fans I box up and hook ducting to it gives me an intake and exhaust with 2 cheap fans. I run them 24/7 or I have a minute by minute timer I can adjust as needed.
well dude have you seen my set up look at the previous posts its 40cm x 140cm haha so the extractor fan IS like right next to the light.. I cannot do much about the fan hence I got a new light which I hope shoots less heat down from the LEDS onto my plants, and radiates more of it out back on its heatsink. I moved my carbon filter so now its vertical directly underneath my extractor fan, the most efficient position possible so I cannot do too much more. Would love a quieter extractor fan its right next to my head when I sleep! :(

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I would not spray buds anyway. I have even heard about growers watering and spraying plants with milk

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

They claimed it was because of nutrients in the Milk and all that. All i can picture is sour Milk in the soil with its smell

jmand

jmand

i have photos of the set up in the thread, its a little extractor connected directly to a tiny carbon filter..

actually I just compared a samsung board to the fecida and the fecida was better! turned down to 80% so it attached the samsung boards power draw it was about the same. so that tiny difference in efficiency meant nothing. I prefer the fecida as it has the fan and a dimmer knob which the samsung didn't! It wanted me to control it with an app over wifi!! And it never worked what a nightmare just have a knob! lol...

with the samsung board hung a the same height as the fecida I couldn't manage to get the 65ooolux (or over due to phone limitations need better lux meter).
I am easily able to reach the 65000lux or more with the fecida!! sure its 120w but still the efficiency when compared to eh Samsung was the same if not better!

I reckon all the tech is out , ya know, some smaller company is able to make LED modules that are the equivalent to the Samsung ones.. They do not have some special secret magic!!

I am happy to have this fecida board it was very cheap and seems to be performing as it says in the specs, I was surprised as I thought the samsung would be brighter even at 100w vs 120w.

Very happy and got a free return on the samsung board as it described a dimmer knob in the photos and never had one very annoying..

So I highly recommend this fecida cr600 guys! I got me for £50 and I reckon I will have years of great grows from it, also having way more UV and IR (24) than most panels plus the huge lux output its really quite a unique little bad ass! its very small and light also! and comes in white which is nice as more reflective!

Plant only looking mildly happier after giving some nutesbut they were old and probably carp so gonna buy some new ones.. as its still droppy and sad :(.. Both the plants are female though which is nice!

Last edited:
jmand

jmand

plants looking better after a bit of feed!! starting to come back! I might actually get some thing off of them!

bit concerned as I was expecting them to grow a bit bigger but they are not :(

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Good to hear you are progressing towards a solution for you. Have fun with your grow and dont overthink the tech..i read about lights for 8 months before buying. And I learned that I preferred three 240w china led with samsung over a 480w china led in the 4x4.

It gave me more power to play with and ability to lower or higher where necessary..

jmand

jmand

Good to hear you are progressing towards a solution for you. Have fun with your grow and dont overthink the tech..i read about lights for 8 months before buying. And I learned that I preferred three 240w china led with samsung over a 480w china led in the 4x4.

It gave me more power to play with and ability to lower or higher where necessary..
yeah I have put enough effort into the lights now I am not getting obsessed haha. I just wanted to try out one of these holy samsung lights and it was not really any better, perhaps even worse than the cheap fecida one so I am happy to stick with it! And I think it will give me many ounces of beautiful weed for years to come! :-)

I hope the weed keeps lookin ghealthier and gives me something to smoke while I wait for the proper genetics I ordered ;)

i am actually really excited never in my life have I had my own little house and freedom to do a little grow like this. I really wanna not pay for weed its so expensive and I can even make a little cash!

I will update this when there is something worth saying!

The pestels are coming out pretty orange already, still droopy but better than before.. I hope it gets nice and dark green as its still a bit pale.
Also as I say hope it grows a few inches longer its so small!! :( I dont wanna get a 1/4 of this lol ffs...

jmand

jmand

yeah tbh I have never seem much difference in quality with some cheaper brands vs mainstream industry standard.. And I worked with cameras and tech my entire life. TBH I want the best thing for the job regardless of the country of manufacture the tech or any alliances or politics. I will get a bigger place and I will expand my lights to make a larger grow! so interested to see what lights you meant?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Its easy to get lost in marketing. I was running 480w kingbrite then went with meijiu. If that is what you are asking?

Its very nice to have the freedom to do a grow yes

jmand

jmand

Its easy to get lost in marketing. I was running 480w kingbrite then went with meijiu. If that is what you are asking?

Its very nice to have the freedom to do a grow yes
yeah marketing but also a lot of bullshit and rumours, myths perpetuated by people that are ignorant and haven't actually given things a practical test they just always did what they were told... I am a innovator not a sheep! ;)

Yeah are those the brands?

Good have have here as note for when I buy my mansion! ;)

Top Bottom