Little stealthy diy low budget experimental home grown

• Thread starter jmand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes thats right. You find them on alibaba.
I dont care about expensive brands. I was Lucky to get into led last year. And back then alot of people were negative to the new leds that are better than those who were on the market ten years back

jmand

jmand

yeha so true reminds me of when the panasonic gh1 camera was came out and the hack got made for it, many people started shooting with it and all the canon heads laughed and said it was armature now the panasonic g5 is an industry standard hhah and all the canon boys want one lol

jmand

jmand

glad to report that after some nutes the plants are starting to green up and grow taller! It is quite amazing how much its grown in a couple days since feeding it.. I will continue to feed for next few feeds and update with photos once the lights turn on tonight..
also my pro seeds arrived so will have to make a little greening up station for my to plants and make clones while this one is flowering!
I got one sativa and one indica Super Lemon Haz and Holy Punch.. I am very much looking forward to growing these! I will start with the lemon haze as its my fave high! :)

Chem77

Chem77

CB8D86C9 7CF0 4C3C 92C6 A8115D6CED73

jmand

jmand

yeah! nice! are you lights close enough? do you measure with a lux meter and make sure they get enough? I used an app on my phone to try and get an idea and give them 60,000lux :) I wanna buy a proper lux meter asap..
beautiful grow I PM'd you..

Chem77

Chem77

yeah! nice! are you lights close enough? do you measure with a lux meter and make sure they get enough? I used an app on my phone to try and get an idea and give them 60,000lux :) I wanna buy a proper lux meter asap..
On my way to work, I’ll answer you in 12 hours.

Chem77

Chem77

I have a 12” piece of string tied to each light, you can barely see it in that picture. That run I kept the light 12”-18” from tops. I can run them 6” -12”. I like intense light, makes very dense buds with co2.
No lux meter, I let them tell me they’re too close. For less experienced, a lux meter would be huge! It took me 1 year to learn growing with LED’s, and that’s with 25 years of indoor growing with 1000 hps’s.
I learned a lot from this site, and you will to if you want too!

Chem77

Chem77

Well it appears some posts where deleted, I am going to bow out of this one. Good luck

jmand

jmand

I got my new genetics (seeds) in the post and put them in a propagator so looking forwards to seeing those grow big and I am setting up a nice large greening area to sprout things. Not only weeed but stuff for my garden too...

I took some photos so a bit of an update its looking ok but one plant is shooting up almost like it might be stretching a little and the other is doing the opposite and being squat and bushy... They are random seeds so it might be that one is indica and the other is sativa.. But I found a lot of the time from these random bush seeds from weed I have bought they come out all slow and mutated.. Just not professional genetics for one or two plants, they are growing huge fields of this stuff!

The taller plant is a bit worrying as it might have very sparse budding points after stretching out... The other has tonnes of leaf in the budding sites! So both not looking ideal. But as these are the plants I have and my other ones are no where near ready looks like I might as well sit this one out and see what I get! Not looking very hopeful to be getting massive yields but lets see..

I am going to switch over to some better nutes for the flowering stage, was reading about how its better to have the NPK ratio leaning on the K and P side of things in flower. So I will get some tomato feed as this is probably 99p in my local cheapo store.

Well I have a feeling these plants might also be slow and take months to get anywhere. If it starts taking too long and my other plants are ready I might pull them early and get the professionals on the job. At least will have a bit of free smoke. But no point in wasting time and money if it looks like the yield won't be good.

IMG 6055
IMG 6054
IMG 6053
IMG 6052
IMG 6051
IMG 6049 2
jmand

jmand

blistering ballsacks!!
dunno whats up with my plants they have clawed leaves, some go down and some up which I never seen, the buds seem to be growing in a very non-dense way, both plants look like they will produce nothing much at this rate! :( They also have yellow tips on some and signs of what I think is nute lockin.. Something is wrong with both of them for sure. One more effected than the other.

I think I messed up with the nutrients, I gave it too much of the wrong type, is this nitrogen toxicity? too much? because it is general greening plant food not the blooming/flowering ratio with more calcium and less nitrogen?

Yeah its not looking that great again ha. Darn.. But I was aware this first on was a bit of an experiment, just wanted to get some decent amount of smoke outa it.. looks like it will be half an ounce at this rate hahaha.

jmand

jmand

anyone? you think I am on the right track about the nutes being off? tbh I never really bothered with nutes before as I always believed that if its good quality soil then I don't need them. I sometimes put some in if its looking a bit sick and yellow on the leaves... I like to keep things minimal. Anyway I got some Ionic Soil Bloom which is made for cannabis. So next time I feed I will feed with this.

Last time I watered the plants I used normal PH'd water no nutes, but they have no improved at all. I was trying to flush the soil out a bit... But they seem like they are worse. I guess maybe they are still gettting over the shock of the over feeding if this is what I did wrong?

I will be much more careful next time with the nutes, start with very small amounts. I got a measuring jug to mix my water in now...

jmand

jmand

Sorry these are not the best pictures you might have to zoom in a bit but you should get the idea I hope. I need a macro lens! I just wanted to post pics to update and see if you guys think its nitrogen overload?

At least some colour has come back to their leaves after not adding nutes for a few feeds..
One plant in particular is clawing and bending its leaves a lot! Like tentacles! The other is not really in tthe pics, its looking much more promising but not a big plant I am not expecting a lot from that either but at least it could produce something haha not like bendy leafy over there..
Also the troubled plant in the photos has grown in a way that the bud sites are really sparse making them seem really small and under developed. I think the problem was it had these nutes a bit late, in the flowering cycle when it needed them way earlier in its veg state so when it suddenly had them it shot up! and I cut the stem to keep it roughly the same height as the other plant (prob a mistake) but all the bud sites are so spaced out :( But maybe its just crappy genetics and a waste of time, soon will give up and stick some netter stuff in , its all veggin now.. including a auto that was free :)

IMG 6080
IMG 6079
IMG 6078
Last edited:
jmand

jmand

no ideas guys? nute over load?

they starting to thicken up a bit but def got a long ways to go like 3-4 weeks or something..

jmand

jmand

things starting to stabilize, the plants are looking more healthy, one still has the "claw" leaves. I presume from over feeding it and the timing of when I fed it and the type of feed I used, all wrong! Live and learn.
Buds looking ok now, specially on the one with less nitrogen toxicity, dunno what I will get out of this experiment but I will be getting something and meanwhile my other plants having loads of time to grow big and veg ! :-)

IMG 20211007 110004
jmand

jmand

what a numpty!!
I was giving them the wrong PH such a noob error hahah aits been so long that I have grown weed and I guess I got my hydro and soil PH confused. I was giving them under 6 most of the time!! Blocking very important nutes they only absorb above 6.5!! So dumb! I gave them a feed with 6.5 and the next day already the leaves are starting to point up and straighten! Good to get these mistakes out the way now.

Just got a larger tent and buzzfeed soil for the fabric pots. 90cm x 50cm x 160cm gonna do some real damage! What you reckon 3 plants? I think so at first then might try 6..
Probably not enough space.

BUds are getting bigger with this first experimental grow from bush weed.. PRobably was taking longer to mature because I was starving it of essential nutes with wrong ph. ANyway gonna take some time to green up my new batch of pro seeds anyway they still babies! :( Wil put them in the new tent with the other light I have start greening in there as they only under a flimsy 10w light atm.

jmand

jmand

I might just kills these they are not healthy they are crap genetic I think and just about everything that could go wrong did.. I think they will never get good thick buds and I am wasting my time! :( I can put my Holy Punch into this smaller tent.. It is about the right size to start flowering...
Waste of time and time to kill put in the good genetics eh? THses are never gonna get dense its like a sponge ! :(

IMG 20211101 220518
IMG 20211101 220539
IMG 20211101 220545
IMG 20211101 220558
jmand

jmand

So lesson learned once again.. Genetics is everything, I put these through a lot of stress but still a good genetic would have given me like a few ounces.. I have probably one of very crappy weed. hahha
Oh well at least I have something but yeah a waste of time I wish I had just put some good genetics in the tent its been months and I would have had a nice batch by now.. :( I have now put a proper lemon haze in this tent and its looking very healthy! :)
IMG 6156

IMG 6157

Thats not all of it in the pic I had another plant in same pot.

Its ok its something it means I am not spending money on weed to get high. And its over 3 months no alcohol so I am getting the desired effect..

Next one wil be huge I know it! Everything is in place the environments are great I have good lights.. I figured out the PH and other issues.. SO next ones are gonna ROCK Will keep updating this same thread as its the same grow space..

Will update this post with a pic of my lemon haze in the same space, its shooting up! Which is what I want!!
Gone into flowering after a few weeks vegging in my big tent which I have another thread for...

jmand

jmand

actually I think it could be a couple ounces of this scraggily not dense at all, weed.. It was from bush weed and I had similar results in the past.. Stupid me... Anywya I am high as fuck from using it in my vape so its ok... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom