Live soil (microbes, cover crop, etc)

• Thread starter prestondillan15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prestondillan15

prestondillan15

Have been doing research on growing using live soil and maintaining a natural environment for the plant and soil. Things I've been looking into are: cover crops, worms, water/compost teas. Anyone have any knowledge on live soil? Anything from mycorrhiza to beneficial plants. Thanks!

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am no expert, but this is the way I like to garden, have any questions in particular?

prestondillan15

prestondillan15

I am no expert, but this is the way I like to garden, have any questions in particular?
I guess how to maintain a healthy biodiverse medium and what kind of mixes being used. Been looking into no till so how could one transplant w out killing the microbe life. I see a lot of living soil growers growing in planter boxes rather than fabric pots and I kind of like the idea because it's closer to a natural environment but I can see how there may be some problems growing multiple plants in one bed.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Soil life is pretty resilient. A small disturbance like a transplant wont effect it much, but some no-till gardeners like to direct sow. I like to transplant from a solo cup into the final container.

Might want to check out this thread. Another new no-till grower had similar questions and I left some good resources their.

prestondillan15

prestondillan15

Soil life is pretty resilient. A small disturbance like a transplant wont effect it much, but some no-till gardeners like to direct sow. I like to transplant from a solo cup into the final container.

Might want to check out this thread. Another new no-till grower had similar questions and I left some good resources their.
Thank you!!

Top Bottom