Living Organic Soil-My second indoor grow, 4x4 tent

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

Burned them by spraying my preventative pest management concoction of Neem oil, aloe, clove oil, and Dr. Bronners peppermint soap mix. They are fine but did not like the oil sitting on the leaves with lights on.
Today they got their first feeding of a product I was not planning on using but after seeing a side by side i had to add this to the mix. 1.5 gallons into the sprayer, 1 tsp Organics Alive VEG, 1/4 TSP Soluble Gypsum to avoid these spots that the other grower got after using this formula, a 1/4 tsp or less of aloe flake, shaken, not stirred. Applied slowly to the entire pot over 4-5 minutes. Some got on the leaves so I dried them with careful paper towel blotting.

Last edited:
stp

stp

Here’s a little update, had some burn from spraying with lights on, battling low 90 degree heat from the crazy heat wave here in So cal. Ocean water is 77/78 at beaches here. Turned lights down to get through this heat wave and hope for cooler days after this week. Plants are moving slow but progressing. The red dragon feminized has a wonky stem but seems to be powering through. She does not get as excited as the jillybean does after
65DC265F 8D7E 475F 9E58 4DAA55525B8B
watering.

This is JB below:

stp

stp

Saturday. Chopped some of the cover crop down and left it to compost in the pot. Plants are starting to hit a spot where they are speeding up, just in time for me to take a few days away, so I’m waiting for an auto drip system from Amazon ($50). Hope it can water once while I’m gone, was about to rope wick the two.

stp

stp

Added the drip system to water while I’m gone. Tested, works fine. Set to water for 6 minutes then skip two days and water again. $50 Amazon of course.

stp

stp

What happened?
Wonder if they got too close to the light? Only one did it, and they are both the same size and were not really “close”, maybe 22inches, lights are not full blast even.

stp

stp

Started LST about 10 days ago, just using wire spikes to turn them and run a Ying/yang around the edge of the pot, then flip. One has a very thick stalk with a lot of purple.

stp

stp

HELP! I thought it was cal/mg deficiency, started adding Roots Organics liquid Calmg to watering and it’s been a few waters and it’s still happening. I’ve been told it could be under watering and salt build up. Anyone have any ideas? Ro water, Ph is between 7-8 in soil.

stp

stp

Flushed with 2.5 gallons water with almost a tablespoon of water soluble gypsum. I think I was over feeding and under watering. The plants were growing slow, but everything looked good. I did not want to over water two little plants in a big 15 gallon pot and I think it was that thought process which caused the rich runoff which was into the 5000 range. I can’t say the runoff TDS was accurate as there is dried residue from several waterings in the drip pan already so I didn’t freak out, but I will be adding a little more gypsum to each watering for a while. The plants are responding amazingly well considering they were topped a few weeks ago, bent into LST stakes, all while going through the nutrient/water issue.

stp

stp

They seem to have moved on from the nutrient issue that was happening. Since the problem started, I gave them: 2.5 gallons of water with about a TBSP of soluble gypsum one time. The next time I added some cal/mg, less gypsum, and reduced the amount of water to about 2 gallons. The third time they only got water and cal/mg. 4th time same water and cal mg. I have decided that since the ph was ok, the runoff tds was really high to which I’ve decide was inaccurate because the drip pan has collected stuff since day one and never been cleaned. My final thoughts are that I am feeding it too much. They are loving life right now, growing all kinds of new leaves and each are finally showing signs of being female so that makes me fell less inclined to rush to veg to sex the one I wasn’t sure about. They have had cover crop fixing nitrogen, they have had Organics Alive adding nitrogen, they’ve been top dressed twice with Craft Blend, Gro-Kashi, Gnarly Barley, and some Organic Worm Castings and Compost since their feeding days started....I think I was a little heavy on the foods.

Last edited:
stp

stp

Nitrogen toxicity. That’s the diagnosis I believe, and I’ve done two “flushes” but they are not quite the true definition of a flush. I gave it almost 3 gallons of water with one (1) Tbsp of soluble gypsum and a 1/4 tsp of Aloe flakes on Saturday. I got about 1.5 inches of runoff and there was noticeable Neem oil from my IPE preventative treatment earlier that day right as the lights went off. The TDS in the runoff was 5333 but I’m not sure that is accurate. The ph was 6.7. I trimmed some growth and tied branches down again. If not for the nitrogen issue I would flip now. I’m going to water till I need nutrients again. I will top dress using compost, gnarly barley, gro-kashi, and maybe either craft blend or build a bloom. I’ve got organics alive transition food and a bloom formula but I think I’ve been over-doing it all so I’m trying to space things out more.

stp

stp

Problems-getting through to the other side I think now. It’s amazing to see how green these were once before. Ultra dark green and shiny leaves are a sign of nutrient issues, and from what I’ve discovered, likely too much nitrogen.

I’ve been working on this issue for several weeks, all while my plants need to flip to flower now! So I’ve kept it in veg, flushed with 18 gals last weekend, tested runoff after watering since the flush (watered with a tiny bit of cal/mg/aloe/Biorhizotonic by Canna) ph was 7.5, then a slurry test came out 5.5, but every time I test in the soil it’s around 7.5, so I’m getting a lockout and I’ll be correcting ph the next watering probably Sunday? In between watering I’ve thinned the plant out and foliar fed once with Botanicare cal/mg as I was told my roots organic is slow uptake compared to this, I also added some more rhizotonic to this foliar feed. The next day I mixed some build a bloom, aloe, and Rootwise microbes in a tiny percentage compared to regular strength and sprayed foliar under and above the leaves. Each time I’ve given the foliar I see great improvement in their color. The claw is still around, that is why the next water will be ph adjusted R/o water (which is 6.5 ph already) to knock down the 7.5 in the pot, and help unlock some stored nutrients in the soil. I will give the plant a little more to ensure I get a thorough soak top to bottom and help free up some of my over-fed nutes down there. Odd thing when using one of those two pronged 3-way soil testers, if I put it all the way in till the soil hits the head unit almost, I’ll get ph readings of 5.5....everywhere else it reads 7.5. I’m either messing with the polarity and function of the metal bars and getting skewed readings or I really have a build up down low in my 15 gallon pot. When you push it in like the instructions say,
2-4 inches, it’s reads the same all over the pot. I also calibrated it while calibrating my digital ph meter. Three solutions, all with specific PH’s, and that two pronged 3-way $15 joke I thought would never be accurate, really is accurate.

stp

stp

Threw a scrog net together and after a couple gallons of water with cal/mg, Rhizotonic, and adjusted ph down to 4.8, it’s looking better. Still have a few claws, I’m trying to water that out, using Botanicare Cal/mg ( switched from Roots Organic) as i was told the Botanicare was faster uptake. Adding some enzymes and a few foliar feeds but nothing much else, I got a little nuts with with all the stuff I was throwing at this thing.

stp

stp

Should I trim more? Flipped lights to 12/12 (6) days ago. Scrog was a last minute idea, I had tied my plants down and decided to release them all and build a scrog net. How much more thinning should I do?

BowHammer

BowHammer

I’ve found (3) worms on the floor of the tent. Will they crawl out and over the side to “escape”? Is there a reason why they would do this?
yup conditions are not right for them