Living Soil, Mulching, Cover Crop, Vermicompost Qs

• Thread starter Underthesun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
While leachate can have value as a liquid fertilizer it should be treated with caution. For every story extolling the benefits of using leachate there is one lamenting the problems from having used it. If you decide you want to use the leachate we recommend taking some extra steps.

1. DO NOT use it if it smells bad! Pour it out on an area where it cannot harm living plants like a roadway or driveway.
2. Dilute it ten parts water to one part leachate (10:1)
3. Aerate it with an air pump if available.
4. Use it outdoors on shrubs, ornamentals or flowering plants only. DO NOT use on plants you intend to eat.

*stole it off a random website..* But it drives the point home pretty good i think, The Nose knows ;)

Kalikush

Kalikush

Can I use organic compost to feed my worms? I have plenty and heard someone say you can and it will create a better casting. I also have a ton of Promix, can I use that as the bedding too since it's mostly peat?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
@Seamaiden I was just wondering since the trees are in fruit mode. I figured the stems would be pushing sugars to the fruits.
I wasn't really thinking of it still being green . I guess I will need to let it dry out.
I have some from a couple yrs ago in a bucket,I might try it.
There should be some sugars seeing that's kind of the reason you smoke (cook ) with it. I think?
Just my thoughts though.
It couldn't hurt,could It ?
STR8
Doing this method could cause some N draw down so better to compost completely with heavy limbs I dry and burn for bio char . There is no sugars of such left in the timber of the trees just carbon .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
what do you use to burn and make your char in pal?
I have a thing called a weed dragon it's uses a BBQ bottle I have a old large gas cylinder I have cut to suit u place in the tree branches and light up the weed dragon and begin to make bio char I do this every winter after my fruit have dropped there leaves .

keiksweat

keiksweat

I have a thing called a weed dragon it's uses a BBQ bottle I have a old large gas cylinder I have cut to suit u place in the tree branches and light up the weed dragon and begin to make bio char I do this every winter after my fruit have dropped there leaves .
Any pictures?sounds cool.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Any pictures?sounds cool.
I'll get some as winter hits sorry buddy I'm in the start of summer and we have a complete fire ban on the island till next autum hit Google and get a weed dragon you can do it in a 44 gal drum but don't turn it into ash just charcoal

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'll get some as winter hits sorry buddy I'm in the start of summer and we have a complete fire ban on the island till next autum hit Google and get a weed dragon you can do it in a 44 gal drum but don't turn it into ash just charcoal
wich island you on?summer?

Top Bottom