Locked Up?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

soil grow in a bucket. Stopped taking water in the first week of flower. Fans turning yellow, soil is damp. Any advice on getting her to feed again? I placed an additional layer of gravel in the bucket and probed the root ball with a skewer to get some air in.

Locked up
sixstring

sixstring

Bigger bucket with some new soil around it or put it in the ground.
Did you check the rootzone for bugs? Sometimes even checking the runoff will reveal bugs from the soil

Madbud

Madbud

No bugs up or down. Thanks, ground may be the best option.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

soil grow in a bucket. Stopped taking water in the first week of flower. Fans turning yellow, soil is damp. Any advice on getting her to feed again? I placed an additional layer of gravel in the bucket and probed the root ball with a skewer to get some air in.
if you have any comfrey it take care of it,humic fulvic drench will too,take a plug of that soil and test it,cheap on amazon 14 bucks,ph test it and then you will know were to go with it,EM1 is the best other than OHN

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ok finally i got to ask,what is the black pot around the stem for,i see this often these days

Madbud

Madbud

if you have any comfrey it take care of it,humic fulvic drench will too,take a plug of that soil and test it,cheap on amazon 14 bucks,ph test it and then you will know were to go with it,EM1 is the best other than OHN
PH is a nick below 7, maybe 6.7

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Top half of the original pot, sends the roots deeper, then i pull it up later. Just my way.
thats what i figured,i did that to my squash plants this year,damn squash vine boer worm has been kicking my ass for last 3 years,this worked not only to keep the wasp from stinging the base at soil level,but the stalks were like vines you could swing on when i took cups off,i just cut the cup away worked great

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

PH is a nick below 7, maybe 6.7
thats ideal ph,comfrey bro,i swear by it,has just about every thing the plant needs and can be a stand alone feed,if you mix the stinging nettle in with it,steroids hahaha,you have to ferment them seperate though,once fermented you can put them together,honestly though i dont think putting in the soil will help you,the roots are alread balled up in the bucket,only feeders would expand and that might hurt ya come yield,it take couple weeks to get over the stress,probally wrong just my opinion,ive grown them in 5 gal homer buckets and just about same height,only issue i had was what you have already done,putting the foil around the buckets,that sun fry there ass,if its as hot as it been here maybe light watering 3 times a day to keep um cool

Madbud

Madbud

thats ideal ph,comfrey bro,i swear by it,has just about every thing the plant needs and can be a stand alone feed,if you mix the stinging nettle in with it,steroids hahaha,you have to ferment them seperate though,once fermented you can put them together,honestly though i dont think putting in the soil will help you,the roots are alread balled up in the bucket,only feeders would expand and that might hurt ya come yield,it take couple weeks to get over the stress,probally wrong just my opinion,ive grown them in 5 gal homer buckets and just about same height,only issue i had was what you have already done,putting the foil around the buckets,that sun fry there ass,if its as hot as it been here maybe light watering 3 times a day to keep um cool
Yeah, that layer of carpet around the bucket makes a big difference with heat, especially when wet.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Top half of the original pot, sends the roots deeper, then i pull it up later. Just my way.

That’s actually a very similar concept to a new product I’m developing right now called The Growing Pot. It allows you to transplant without disturbing the root ball. Should have more info available here shortly. The concept of going from smaller pot to larger one is one I’ve incorperated into it as well. Very cool.

Madbud

Madbud

That’s actually a very similar concept to a new product I’m developing right now called The Growing Pot. It allows you to transplant without disturbing the root ball. Should have more info available here shortly. The concept of going from smaller pot to larger one is one I’ve incorperated into it as well. Very cool.
Well don’t forget to patent my cooling carpet sleeve too

B

Burned Haze

Like stated above, you need to ethier uppot again or cover your white pot or your roots will be damaged by the UV rays. I would suggest just transferring ( do it with OG the next week and the plant won’t even bitch if your good at transporting , if that’s a 5 gal bucket go 7 gal so you don’t even disturb the soil)to a nice food grade black one and since your putting all this love why not, it’s a special flower in my books

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well don’t forget to patent my cooling carpet sleeve too

No lol I wouldn’t do that. I actually created it 10 years ago and never persued it until recently. I’ve been doing the same thing for quite a while now and this is just to make it easier. But it’s nice to see others doing it as well. I’ve got a 3d printed prototype and I’m just waiting for tooling costs to proceed.

Last edited:
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

without checking all replies i say just prune the rootball well and replant.
use a fert that encourages root growth but is ok for flower done.
as long as u have time to harvest so what if it's 2 weeks late.
this also allows u to increase your learning curve for next time. not a bad thing at all.

Madbud

Madbud

First, thanks for the ideas. I gave a friend one plant a month ago. He said it grew two feet taller in the first week, which would put it over my fence. No bueno. The plant i had out of the bucket yesterday for a couple hours has improved. No yellow leaves today so I will try this one tonight.

D5F7E618 63A6 458D AE26 9ADA004F8A5F
E5525DCF 4E1D 4BDD 8C53 F767B8150D50
Madbud

Madbud

Just an aside, heres a male i threw on the mulch pile a couple weeks ago. Had to chop it up when i noticed it kept growing and the root ball had swelled 25-50%. Now the damn tops seem to be rooting!

9AE89851 C393 4BDD A446 9CF87D3243D8
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I cut mine lengthwise and then tape it back together, in order to make transplant quicker/safer. I like that idea too.

Madbud

Madbud

So i’m thinking its a straight up nitrogen deficiency and overwatering from all the rain. Pulling them from the buckets for a couple hours at night dried the root ball enough that i fed them some 11-35-24 today. Going away for a week is probably the best thing i can do.

Top Bottom