Locke's hijacked bedroom turned garden

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

Well as I find myself putting more effort into this motley crew of plants, I figured I might as well make their own thread.

My baby son's bedroom gets way too hot in the summer and without central ac or the desire to install yet another window unit, his crib stays in our room.

Naturally, I'm putting plants in there 🤷 I don't have any actual means to grow anything serious in here as I only have one light and it's in my tent, but we're having fun!

Skittles bagseed, mimosa flower thats not weed whatever that is, and some cacti. Don't ask, had to keep the wife happy lol. Also plan to grow some herbs for her, but she wants actual herbs 🤨
Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden 4
Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden 3
Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden
Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden 5
Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden 6

Lockes hijacked bedroom turned garden 2
Lockebox

Lockebox

I have absolutely no idea how to take care of a mimosa plant but the cotyledons yellowed and fell off on one of them so I'm going to hit them with some veg nutes lol 🤷
IMG 20220906 171939059

Little Skittles progressing nicely under the blurple. Only stretching a little
IMG 20220906 172052570

Lockebox

Lockebox

That mimosa is sleeping not dead lol. It doesn't want to transition to 18/6

Lockebox

Lockebox

The cotyledons have begun to turn yellow. Either time to transplant or time to feed quarter strength
IMG 20220918 061656394
IMG 20220918 061650275
IMG 20220918 061644354

Reactions: HWH
Lockebox

Lockebox

They never listen when you tell them to stop getting taller. Think I'll top this one soon above the 5th node
IMG 20220918 085546463

R

ritoMox

That's some serious stretch. Daylight CFL close-up would have prevented that, IMO
This fluoro thread has some cool info:✌️

Last edited:
Lockebox

Lockebox

That's some serious stretch. Daylight CFL close-up would have prevented that, IMO
This fluoro thread has some cool info:✌️
Oh yeah these Great value blurple bulbs make them stretch like a mother f*****. I would like to try some CFLs I just didn't have any on hand. Thanks for the link dude I'll check it out!

Lol here in about a week I will definitely need something different than these bulbs not really sure what I'm going to do at that point

Edit: my last plant I started under these bulbs stretched the same way but as it got bigger and more mature it worked out nicely and gave me plenty of room to water and work around the soil. My white widow in my outdoor thread is who I'm talking about

Lockebox

Lockebox

You can pick up a 4 foot 2 bulb T8 fixture and 2 daylight bulbs at most hardware stores for around $50. That will hold you over for a bit.
You can also find some cheap LED's on Amazon: ✌️
Cool man thanks for the info!
This is actually just a side project for fun next to my actual tent so I probably won't put any money in to it. The plants will probably suffer but I might just make it through with my accumulated junk😅

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You gotta be related to Red Green! A weak attempt at Hoser Humor!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
He has done more for the duct tape industry north of the border than any human being in history! L O L

Latest posts

Top Bottom