Lockout in Flower, What do you think?

• Thread starter meiam4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meiam4u

A buddy was showing me some pics he received, it appears there is some lockout in mid flower, no growth, leaves twisted on new growth, one is claw, the other seems happy with exception of stalled flower and growth, and twisted new leaf. Happy one is Jack Herrer strain, bad one is unknown, appears pure indica, fat leaves, has purple trich's.

He says the following details were provided.

GH Nutes, 25/70/180 week 8
Res temp 70
Room temp, 68 to 78 N/D
RH 35% to 45%
PPM 1100 after Nutes. 180 Tap prior.
PH 5.8 to 5.9
Lights 400W HPS, 200W T5 HO 3500, 200W T5 HO 6500 12/12

Two trays, JH in one tray, unknown in other.
Both trays same Nute tank.

Ebb/Flow 6" netpot. Hydroton.

Flow every 4 hours for 15 minutes prior to 12/12. Now every 5 hours for 10 minutes, including 2 at dark.

Previous additives up to week 6.
Aquashield
B-52
SM90

Two airstones in tank 24/7

Tank removed and cleaned thoroughly, hot water, clorox, rinsed and scrubbed, dried, rinsed again every nute changes, 7 to 10 days. All plumbing same process.

Two issues.
Dead stems and roots either side of live plant. Live plants healthy white roots.
Fungus Knats

City water uses Chloramine, not Chlorine. Bubble anyway for at least 24 hours, and add a pinch of sugar.

Using Neem now, and knats seem to be on serious decline. Only using on trunk and media.

Two weeks left on schedule for JH, but unknown likely 3 to 4 at best guess. JH trichs white, not yellow or amber. Pics may be off color.

Any thoughts on growth stopped, clawing one species and no new leaf on both, last leaf at tips twisted.

Flushed with GH Florakleen last tank change, one week ago. Problems started prior to this, shortly after full bloom on unknown, just last few days on JH.

Looks like Nute lockout, or starvation. Or both. I have been trying to help my friend understand what is happening, but I am out of idea's.

Please note;
Anything said, stated, inferred, or referenced in statements, verbal or written that I originate is purely fiction. Any pictures posted by myself or on my behalf are pictures that I have received or downloaded from the internet are for artistic purposes only.

Jh w8 stopped growthjpg
Jh w8 camera is off color no yellowjpg
Indica claw and purple trichsjpg
Indica clawjpg
Indica stunt in flowerjpg
soserthc1

soserthc1

Thats alot of typing for know response all seem like they will finish fine , except that last picture and why is it under a t'5 is your BUDDY growing under t'5s .... well here is a leaf diff ency chart that is all over the board ....best i got for you....
Mmj nutrient deficiency comparison chart
also if you plants are as close to hps as they are that t5 that will cause leaf damage and check ph of water ..... sorry if u stated in post but just skimmed over it

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah they dont look too bad, but they do look high inn Nitrogen and that can cause stalled/stopped flowering. Sometimes too much of one nute can lock out others. So maybe that is the issue you feed is unbalanced or over balanced to one nute or the other. I would drop the feed down or maybe just water HP to you hydro setup and see if they balance out a bit, a little flush. The look healthy no burns I can see.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stop pushing so much nitrogen, they're revegging and showing a N+ curl. They may be overwatered, too.

M

meiam4u

Wow, appreciate the feedback. Seems no one is quite sure what they are supposed to look like at this point. Thinking they would still kick out at least small leaves until they are done, it sounds like that is over or should be.

400W HPS in a sealed hood, with air blowing through light, not cool tube, just hood. Measured temp at tips is 80 peak, normally at 78, temp at base is 70. The HPS is a minimum of 8 to 10 inches above tips.

T5 HO 4 bulb on both sides of HPS angled inward, but not blocking HPS light. T5's are cool and can almost touch plants with no burn. T5's were used for Veg, and the start of flower. Then HPS at week 5 forward, plus T5 with 3500's.

Revegging... had not even considered. Not sure if they stopped creating new leaves. Cola's being tied up as they fall over from weight. So, I guess that is not a bad thing. Will see about reducing water schedule, might reduce some N, and some weight.

PH is closely monitored with three different tests and allowed to float between 5.8 and 5.9.

Nutes are General Hydroponics Grow/Micro/Bloom and no adds with 10 gallons tap 180PPM. On Week 8, change to Week 9 on Monday. This should remove most of the N.
G M B Diamond CoolBloom
Week 8
1000 - 1400 ppm
2.0 - 2.8 mS
12 hrs
Bloom Phase
25 ml
70 ml
180 ml
0 ml
15 grams
Week 9
1000 - 1400 ppm
2.0 - 2.8 mS
12 hrs
Bloom Phase
0 ml
70 ml
200 ml
0 ml
15 grams
Week 10
1000 - 1400 ppm
2.0 - 2.8 mS
12 hrs
Bloom Phase
0 ml
60 ml
200 ml
0 ml
15 grams

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Too many ##### for me and thats why my name is DIRT! hang in there im sure there is help.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

City water

This is where I would start. Gone this far, not having a RO filter can cause problems. 180 ppm ain't bad, but what is it? What is the pH? A big, big thing I want to know is if that pH is adjusted to with adjusters and then maintained at 5.8-5.9 for the life of the tub?

lollipopman

lollipopman

My fire alien romulan, had 4 females one turned out like yours.. I've had lockout before and this is def not lockout, since this was from seed and the other 3 far got the same nutes. Figured it was a retard female just be careful it might throw some male flowers like mine did.. Here's some pics of what my far did..

Top Bottom