lockout or deficiency in coco

• Thread starter greenleaff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenleaff

The advice on this site is getting worst by the day.
When your new to growing you need to start with base. Additives do NOT need to be added everytime and they should only be added when plants are healthy. Those plants are probally trash now, even if they recover they will be to big for your space.
Stick with your base nute and watch how they grow, learn how hey grow. And do not let the coco dry out ever once the roots are established.
View attachment 886905
This is how healthy happy plants look in coco.
View attachment 886906
They love it because of the flashy name additives and pretty labels. Marketing gimmick that just sucks every newb out there in believing they need all those products every watering to have happy plants.
Same goes for dispensary weed, it’s the labels and hype that makes people feel special when they buy it.
lol relax I hope you’re talking about others and not me. Because I have a bunch of friends that grow with advanced and liked it. I’ve heard good things and I decided to try it, not because of the “flashy names”. And I asked what is wrong with them now, not for your opinions. Also, I have plenty of room for them to grow as much as they want because I grow 6-7 foot trees in my flower rooms since my ceilings are high. It’s this one strain giving me trouble and I asked for help, not your opinions on my nute line. ive flushed before thinking it was Nute Burn. I’ve raised EC. My ph is good. I’m thinking my roots are messed up from over watering to be honest. The other plants in the room are fine tho, just this strain is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
View attachment 886906

lol relax I hope you’re talking about others and not me. Because I have a bunch of friends that grow with advanced and liked it. I’ve heard good things and I decided to try it, not because of the “flashy names”. And I asked what is wrong with them now, not for your opinions. Also, I have plenty of room for them to grow as much as they want because I grow 6-7 foot trees in my flower rooms. It’s this one strain giving me trouble and I asked for help, not your opinions on my nute line.
Read my post again there is very good advice in there.
I don’t care if you grow trees 20 ft high. With indoor grows in coco most of your growth should come during flower. When you bloom plants that don’t have room to stretch you get crap overly dense buds that can’t flower out properly. There is no room on the stem.
Would you rather me have told you to buy some more AN additives to fix the problem? Blooming sick clones screws everything up.

G

greenleaff

Read my post again there is very good advice in there.
I don’t care if you grow trees 20 ft high. With indoor grows in coco most of your growth should come during flower. When you bloom plants that don’t have room to stretch you get crap overly dense buds that can’t flower out properly. There is no room on the stem.
Would you rather me have told you to buy some more AN additives to fix the problem? Blooming sick clones screws everything up.

I agree putting an unhealthy plant in flower is a bad idea, that’s why I’m asking if they’re even worth saving because I’m planning on flipping in two weeks. I’ve had nothing but trouble with these guys. I’ve heard burn, and I’ve heard deficiency. What do you think?
And haha my bad no thank you, I didn’t mean to be rude when I replied, the tone of my text seemed that way. But from this run, I’ve noticed advanced is a lot of bullshit to deal with. I have been thinking of switching to canna because I’ve heard it’s less bottles and less bullshit.

G

greenleaff

I’ve tested run
I agree putting an unhealthy plant in flower is a bad idea, that’s why I’m asking if they’re even worth saving because I’m planning on flipping in two weeks. I’ve had nothing but trouble with these guys. I’ve heard burn, and I’ve heard deficiency. What do you think?
And haha my bad no thank you, I didn’t mean to be rude when I replied, the tone of my text seemed that way. But from this run, I’ve noticed advanced is a lot of bullshit to deal with. I have been thinking of switching to canna because I’ve heard it’s less bottles and less bullshit.
I’ve tested run off as well before and they were over by like 200-300 ppm (700 scale) but I flushed them with 300 ppm water down to run off around 350.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let's all take a step back... Different strokes for different folks a lot of people have successfully used many different nutrient lines and each has their benefits and draw backs.

It's personal preference including the politics of it.

These nutes are ment to be used a certain way... While I don't like it if used as specified they will work. Are they the best? Matter of opinion and mine is nope

Snarglefarf

Snarglefarf

When in doubt flush shit out! pH your water at 5.8. If it's ro water maybe add a little Cal mag to the water. Then follow it up with 1/4-1/2 strength nutes. Just my 2 cents.

Snarglefarf

Snarglefarf

And skip the additives. Just use base nutes and if you're using ro water Cal mag too

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Seen a lot of similar posts about fucking with ph perfect. All answers pointed to fucking with the ph equals bad things will happen. Never used it but I hate it already from all the stuff I have read on people's experience with it. The only time people have had good experiences is throwing blinders on and that concept is so foreign to me I could never use it.

Also from everything I have read designed for RO and no cal mag should be used. Never used these nutes but I'm betting if you use RO and nothing else but the nutes and feed as @Enforcer suggested your problems will go away.
Well crap ..I used ph water , ph with up and sometimes down depending on water and what’s in it, Nutes. Etc...ahhh. Feel like an idiot sometimes.....
Blessings and happy growing .....think I have some canna butter and peanut butter for the afternoon,...sounds like a learning experience.you guys have a chart if ppm is this then do that ...possible
Thxxxxxxx😇😎

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well crap ..I used ph water , ph with up and sometimes down depending on water and what’s in it, Nutes. Etc...ahhh. Feel like an idiot sometimes.....
Blessings and happy growing .....think I have some canna butter and peanut butter for the afternoon,...sounds like a learning experience.you guys have a chart if ppm is this then do that ...possible
Thxxxxxxx😇😎
Only with AN PH perfect you don't want to do anything to it.

Ppm needs are something different in each grow. In RDWC I can see exactly how much my plants are eating daily and how much water they are drinking. With that info you can see if you need to feed more or less or if you are about right.

In coco peer experience will help but you will still need to read the plants to fine tune to your grow environment.

Snarglefarf

Snarglefarf

Not with this line. Cal mag is a no no
Ahhhhh didn't know that about AN sensi. The only synthetic line I've used is Dutch master gold and I had to use Cal mag. Nice yield but flavor wasn't that great. I tend to stick to hand feeding with organic nutrients. Or at least semi organic.

E

evlme2

The roots on that plant are brown/dying. That is classic “overwatering “. And by that I mean not letting the coco dry a bit in between waterings.
Like Trustfall advised, get rid of them and start over. They’ll never amount to anything and you’re just chasing your tail at this point. When you cull it, have a look at the roots...

E

evlme2

It is not the plant size that initially dictates the watering schedule but the pot to root size. When I transplant from a 2 gal pot to a 5 gal pot it usually takes several days for the pot to feel light enough to water again. Contrary to popular belief, coco is not a “transplant it and water it everyday “ deal.
As for your nutrients, go easy on all the additives ( I use none). You’ll only get more confused. If you like Advanced then their simple 3 part is all you need...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The roots on that plant are brown/dying. That is classic “overwatering “. And by that I mean not letting the coco dry a bit in between waterings.
Like Trustfall advised, get rid of them and start over. They’ll never amount to anything and you’re just chasing your tail at this point. When you cull it, have a look at the roots...
Wrong if the roots were that bad the plant would be dropping like crazy. Also would be dropping if over watered for the same reason no oxygen. What signs of overwatering are you eluding to?
It is not the plant size that initially dictates the watering schedule but the pot to root size. When I transplant from a 2 gal pot to a 5 gal pot it usually takes several days for the pot to feel light enough to water again. Contrary to popular belief, coco is not a “transplant it and water it everyday “ deal.
As for your nutrients, go easy on all the additives ( I use none). You’ll only get more confused. If you like Advanced then their simple 3 part is all you need...

Whats your coco mix? It's almost impossible from my understanding to over water in OP's mix and I have seen several coco growers state this here and elsewhere.

G

greenleaff

Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite mix. Going to test run off again later when lights turn on to see where to go from here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite mix. Going to test run off again later when lights turn on to see where to go from here.
Yup I would not cull. Take this opportunity to learn and get the plant healthy before flipping to flower.

G

greenleaff

I was thinking it may be over watering as well, but the 3 other rows in this room don’t have these problems. They’re absolutely shitting on these plants. So it should be a nutrient issue, it’s an Indica dominant hybrid if anyone was wondering as well. Going to feed at 1.0 EC later and test run off. And thank you everyone for your help!! 2 pages of replies and in other forums can barely get a few sometimes. THC farmer rocks.

Snarglefarf

Snarglefarf

Wrong if the roots were that bad the plant would be dropping like crazy. Also would be dropping if over watered for the same reason no oxygen. What signs of overwatering are you eluding to?

Whats your coco mix? It's almost impossible from my understanding to over water in OP's mix and I have seen several coco growers state this here and elsewhere.
It's possible. I've overwatered in 50/50 Coco/perlite. Seedlings especially but it's happened to me with vegging plants if they've been recently transplanted. Right now I'm using peat and perlite and I've learned it's way easier to overwater than Coco. That's only one reason I'm going back to Coco after this run.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's possible. I've overwatered in 50/50 Coco/perlite. Seedlings especially but it's happened to me with vegging plants if they've been recently transplanted. Right now I'm using peat and perlite and I've learned it's way easier to overwater than Coco. That's only one reason I'm going back to Coco after this run.
Not seeing any signs of it... I can see after transplant. I have never grown in it but know a few people that do. I mean anything is possible but I don't see those signs at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom