Lollipopping/defoliating

• Thread starter ilikebigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilikebigbuds

so this question has probably been answered but to save time i'd like an answer from one of you experienced growers. i am looking to defoliate the bottom. my question is. i am growing 6 plants in a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m, 2 of my plants have stretched slightly more and i'm wondering how i can 'sort it' im thinking of defoliating all the stems that are too low and keeping only the tall lankier tight noded branches and then tie them down so they are level with the rest. is it ok to slice off all the branches that are too high? will cropping off too many stems actually decrease my yield? would i need to let them veg another extra couple of weeks to allow them to recover? i've heard of people supercropping up to a week OR TWO! into flower... which seems crazy, people say it stops stretch etc... whats peoples opinions on cropping off main stems that are too low to the rest of the canopy? obv im not supercropping but possibly it probably causes as much stress as supercropping... i have 6 plants in wide a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m and vegged for about 7 weeks s they are wide as hell and about 3/4 of the tent. theory behind that being 3/4 of a scrog screen 3/4 of a tent. i'm planning on going 12/12 in the next couple days but if you think i need to veg a little longer to allow them to 'recover' a bit. let me know all your guys thoughts that have experience in this defoliation stuff. many many thanks in advance and i'm sorry its a very large paragraph :smoking:

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I always supercrop the taller ones to try and md get an even canopy. Ive SC about 13" and the plant didnt have any issues.

You can always just cut it at the node closest to tour other plant height. After you cut, that plant will now have 2 "tops" vs the tall single top.

T

Thecalikid

Tk had a quote ages ago that always stuck with me. "The only people who don't defoilate are the ones who haven't tried it yet"

Also pep out Miami mango in Instagram. His teck has worked great for me
what did you get from miami mango???

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Feel free to hit up the search bar fer oodles of good information

T

Thecalikid

I did learn to pluck from miami mango in person he was a friend of mine before instagram. I love alot of his methods but i dont pluck quite as much leaf as him but i like how he thinks opening up light for the rest of the plant. I dont know about now but he used to not lollipop. i half assed lollipopped this round i like it so far.

Top Bottom