Long Term Curing Questions, Thanks!!

• Thread starter Jdogggg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jdogggg

Jdogggg

I grew three plants outdoors and harvested a good amount this year! I am 7 weeks into the curing process, based on data, my jars have never dropped below and are hanging right at 62% rH, thanks to Boveda packs. They have literally been in the dark since I cut them down. I still burp them, ~5 mins, once a week, Assuming this continued environment, (less burping soon) couple questions:

1.) How long does the curing process continue (max time), and how long before the THC levels start to degrade?
2.) Does anyone have a link to a article about what happens at a chemical and cellular level during this process?

Thanks!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I find there are diminishing returns, with time. There's a big difference between a week vs. 2 weeks, not much difference between 6 and 7 weeks. For me, 3-4 weeks is enough.

That said, I keep everything at curing humidity until I want to smoke it. Sometimes I have weed curing for a year. It's unbelievably smooth, don't get me wrong, but it's not worth doing as a goal.

a4twenty

a4twenty

i have jars that are years old and i don't notice any real losses. once your jars are stable at 62ish you dont need the bovedas and with a little time and care you really don't need them at all. keep the jars sealed and in a cool dark place and occasionally pick them up and rotate slowly so the buds gently tumble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom