Long time grower...

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So... I'm not quite a boomer but I've been growing for personal consumption since the mid 90's. Back then I used to order my seeds from Marc Emery in Canada. Fact was that you never knew what you were going to get regardless what they called it, but at the end of the day it always ended up being better than that Mexi seedy shit. And Mexi seedy shit was the ONLY thing that was in long supply back then. Most people did not even know what a good bud looked like back then. I'd drop one into a friend's hand and their eyes would do the dish saucer thing.

I've watched the cannabis industry unfold. Two of my sons are invested in a dispensary in Colorado legitimately lol and participate in the grow operation. I'm from MS but don't live there. Never thought I'd see commercial packaging on weed, seeds, and edibles. And really believed the only way I was getting oil was with the butane and PVC routine waiting for my arm to get blown off. Don't forget the freaking bubble bags and how many of my wife's hand mixers went to the grave behind her cries of AGAIN?! It's been a ride for sure.

Today? I'm sitting here in awe of what the industry has evolved to and damn thankful to have been able to watch it unfold. Pretty cool stuff for sure. I'm working on an experiment. And if it's successful, then I'll release the grow diary so that other people can do it too. I'm interested to see if anyone has any experience with multiple strain bonsais. If you do, hmu. I'd love to see what you've done.

Rooke

Rooke

Hello there welcome to the farm! I’m also and old hippie legit boomer. Started smoking when I was 13/14 ish never got a buzz on the Mexican weed and thought my older bro was crazy for smoking it. Then he gave me a half hit of sunshine omg it was cartoon land but since then I got stoned on weed! It was kinda scarce where I grew up but the hash was crazy good and lots of variety been smoking ever since! peace and stay safe!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hello there welcome to the farm! I’m also and old hippie legit boomer. Started smoking when I was 13/14 ish never got a buzz on the Mexican weed and thought my older bro was crazy for smoking it. Then he gave me a half hit of sunshine omg it was cartoon land but since then I got stoned on weed! It was kinda scarce where I grew up but the hash was crazy good and lots of variety been smoking ever since! peace and stay safe!

Thanks Rooke :) What strains are you into? I've currently got Purple Mountain Majesty, Pineapple Express, and Squirt from HSC going and a White Widow project from an old friend who is an ultra purist. The three HSC strains were purchased as seeds from a local dispensary (VERY cool packaging lol!) The 4th came from a clone.

chemistry

chemistry

Thanks Rooke :) What strains are you into? I've currently got Purple Mountain Majesty, Pineapple Express, and Squirt from HSC going and a White Widow project from an old friend who is an ultra purist. The three HSC strains were purchased as seeds from a local dispensary (VERY cool packaging lol!) The 4th came from a clone.

Welcome to the Farm, start a grow diary and show us your stuff, some good diaries going on the farm. 👍

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there, I’m currently growing LVTK, LVTK OG, Gorilla Wreck 4 from Cannaventure and Cowboy Kush from Greenpoint and Nuken from BC Seed King. I grew Nuken last year and it was a pita to grow, the bugs loved it. But is a good smoke and produced very well. I haven’t run the others so it’s going to be an outdoor adventure!! Nice lineup you have going there are you outdoor?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site, I’m a Boomer been growing n smoking from a early age my upbringing was to say the least Hippies ville from Nimbin in Australia both parent's were Horticulturist and some of the first move to Nimbin back in the late 40’s after WW2 anyway we had a huge block of land and my Father taught me how to grow in the 80s when he though I was ready he grow from seed from Thailand that came in to the valley and yes some Mexican seedy weed that’s was all we could get for years . Od

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hey there, I’m currently growing LVTK, LVTK OG, Gorilla Wreck 4 from Cannaventure and Cowboy Kush from Greenpoint and Nuken from BC Seed King. I grew Nuken last year and it was a pita to grow, the bugs loved it. But is a good smoke and produced very well. I haven’t run the others so it’s going to be an outdoor adventure!! Nice lineup you have going there are you outdoor?

NICE line up! Love the variety people are growing for sure.

Idk what you'd call me. A "hybrid" outdoor dirt guy? My personal feelings re: lights? WTF is everyone spending (me in the past included) zillions on huge light set ups to replicate the sun? It's sort of free and no one is going to produce a superior product to the real deal. Ok I get it. If you're urban or suburban and growing with nosy neighbors... then it's inside for sure. I live in the woods at the end of a road so remote it doesn't show up on Google Maps.

Cow shit, perlite, GOOD potting soil, and 5 - 10 gal grow bags (with handles lol). That's my holy grail. Vegging plants get 12 hours outside and 6 inside under a 4x2 8 lamp flouro. Flowering they are outside for 12 hours and inside the closet for 12. Simple set up. But effective.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm hope you enjoy the site, I’m a Boomer been growing n smoking from a early age my upbringing was to say the least Hippies ville from Nimbin in Australia both parent's were Horticulturist and some of the first move to Nimbin back in the late 40’s after WW2 anyway we had a huge block of land and my Father taught me how to grow in the 80s when he though I was ready he grow from seed from Thailand that came in to the valley and yes some Mexican seedy weed that’s was all we could get for years . Od
Hey OD! Old school! LOVE IT! Pretty cool to find so many of us here.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh I can’t wait to be able to grow legal outdoors .

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The best site for us like minded giving people that’s what this community envelopes and encourages Giving . 👌😀
I forgot how much my buddies taught me when I was younger until I hit this site and looked around. Even with all of the info available online I can see how it would be tough to separate fact from fiction. There are SO many methods out there that are way over complicated and not necessary. And then there is the other side of the spectrum... too minimalist and not effective enough. Idk... I've always subscribed to the KISS rule until it comes to bonsai and mommas. What about you? What methods do you use to grow?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh yes kiss it all the time the simpler the better , I've grown many styles through out my time , but now I use LST crossed with Supa cropping style I find it to be best for my stone Age constant grow opp . I've only just last month got my first LED light shows how slow I am ....😉

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Oh yes kiss it all the time the simpler the better , I've grown many styles through out my time , but now I use LST crossed with Supa cropping style I find it to be best for my stone Age constant grow opp . I've only just last month got my first LED light shows how slow I am ....😉
Hahah! My wife keeps pushing LEDs on me. I’m a bonsai freak so I use a lot of those techniques for mommas and branching on Sativa dominant traited plants. Training wire is SO much easier for me to use. I do use burlap string and shoots made from bonsai wire when necessary too. I’ll get some good pics of a white widow I’ve got in flower for you to check out. The technique might be as good as super cropping without the plant stress. Not sure but I’d definitely like your opinion. Here are two mommas. The little one is white widow. Taller one is pineapple muffin.

83AA3CE8 1B56 4BD8 A42D 9D40B19C364F
Top Bottom