Long time reader! First time writing

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

I’ve had a few grows mostly outdoor, recently bought a tent/light/fan etc. and thought I’d try my hand indoors, I thought I’d run a couple of bag seeds for some practice and I got this, kinda spindly plant with a lot of 3 prong and 1 prong leaves, figured just shitty genes but it immediately started to big fat trichomes! So I’ve let it go , only been flowering for about 22 days, I know it looks sick but grows healthy! I’m in organic soil, ph is 6.5-7 ( I vary my water a little ) soil ph is also good. It’s under a 1000 watt recordence led, in 2x3x6 space
Anyone else run into one these and did you finish it or kill it? Lol

Long time reader first time writing
Long time reader first time writing 2
Long time reader first time writing 3
Long time reader first time writing 4
Dan789

Dan789

Leaf curl like what you’re showing isn’t good. Suspect bugs, have you scoped the backs of the affected leaves for bugs? Deal with this quickly or all could be lost.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The leaf clawing looks like it is being over fertilized. What type of fertilizer and how often do you use it? A flush might help if you are too high in nutrients... the soil that you are using doesn't have nutrients added from the manufacturer, does it?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanx for responding! I am using organic soil and haven’t fed this anything! Well a couple light feedings of general organics bio bud.
The reason I posted this one is it looked like a mutant of some kind right from the beginning. I had some extra space in the flower tent so I thru it in , just because really kinda figured it would Hermie? But it didn’t it started producing trichromes before the pistols even . So I let it go.

Just curious if anyone has seen this in a strain? This was a bag seed! Bad genes very possible. It has loads of single finger and 3 finger leaves, they have always been curled. Ph is good no burn anywhere doesn’t appear sick at all! Just looks strange. I’m gonna let it finish as it just keeps producing good trichs and smells delicious.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The real question will be, will there be any real thc content or was this just a waist of time and energy?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Do you know exactly what's in this "organic soil" ? From my personal experience, looks like too much horse/cow shit probably too fresh and too hot. pH might need to go up a little, too. Depending on what this organic soil is.

And, welcome to the Farm!

Also, those leaves look like they're not just curling, but spiraling. Could be from messed up light schedule. Any light leaks or odd lighting going on? You usually see spiral leaves when a plant goes from veg to bloom to veg again.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes I mixed the soil myself so it is possible it’s too hot! But no other signs, and yes they are kinda spiraling. In the end I think I’m going to agree with Madbud. Waste of space.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Well, at this point you might as well finish it out if you can. It looks like you've got some decent trichomes there, if nothing else, make it into some hash or oil for edibles.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Also, as a rancher I can tell you from experience, if you mix your soil yourself, and you use something like horse or cow shit, make sure the shit is NOT fresh. I used to use the shit I mucked from the stalls, after letting it sit outside for at least a month with a couple of rain storms to help rinse it out.

And be careful with chicken shit, it's very hot, only a little tiny bit is needed. And also dangerous, wear a mask when handling chicken shit.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well, at this point you might as well finish it out if you can. It looks like you've got some decent trichomes there, if nothing else, make it into some hash or oil for edibles.
I press rosin and that was the original idea! She’s still goin! Lol thanx

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also, as a rancher I can tell you from experience, if you mix your soil yourself, and you use something like horse or cow shit, make sure the shit is NOT fresh. I used to use the shit I mucked from the stalls, after letting it sit outside for at least a month with a couple of rain storms to help rinse it out.

And be careful with chicken shit, it's very hot, only a little tiny bit is needed. And also dangerous, wear a mask when handling chicken shit.
Thanks I don’t use fresh shit , I use worm castings/ bonemeal/dolimite etc. I do think I got this particular batch of soil to hot.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The leaf clawing looks like it is being over fertilized. What type of fertilizer and how often do you use it? A flush might help if you are too high in nutrients... the soil that you are using doesn't have nutrients added from the manufacturer, does it?
No none added I’m familiar with the claw these are almost in a spiral shape , some one suggested it may be light schedule?

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
No none added I’m familiar with the claw these are almost in a spiral shape , some one suggested it may be light schedule?
Yeah like I said spiraling occurs when a plant "re-veges" itself. Meaning it went from bloom, back into veg state. Maybe even just briefly. If the plant's dark cycle is disturbed, even for a few minutes, it could revert to veg state, until it gets a full 12 hours of darkness again. Just to put it basically.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Is this one of mine moshmen? If so which strain please. I've only experienced this with one strain so far, but it certainly wasn't as pronounced as this one. I chalked it up as being too hot also, but I'm actually thinking it might have been mutant genetics as well.

However, the one I had it happens too still be growing, and hasn't thrown any seeds yet (It's the purple haze auto) There actually just finishing up right now. The leaves straightened up some, and pulled out of it toward the end. It certainly seemed to have improved, but seeing this, I'm interested in which genetic variety that plant comes from.

IMO, It really looks like just a hot potted plant, but it's entirely feasable there's a genetic compoent, or even a combination of both.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That kind of clawing is pretty distinctive and is absolutely related to nutrient stress.

Yes, I agree dirtbag, but do you think some strains might be "more prone, more susceptible" to this kind of clawing than others.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yes, I agree dirtbag, but do you think some strains might be "more prone, more susceptible" to this kind of clawing than others.
Some strains are more sensitive than others to excessive nutes. I had a Grandaddy Purple plant that threw fits using the same nutrients as several other strains, but only the GDP had problems. Excessive P or K is often overlooked and it tends to accumulate in the growing medium as time goes on. Nirogen is more mobile and can be flushed out easily, but P and K seem to stay in the medium and can become toxic after a while. Plants also change their nute preferences depending on growing/flowering cycles. The plant looks pretty rough, but if yu fix the soil it should bounce back. I agree that it looks like it is in the veg/flower limbo state, where you get a bunch of single and tri lobed leaves. Nutrient damage twists the leaves but doesn't typically change the overall shape of them. My diagnosis is a flowering cycle interruption combined with way too many nutes. Re-planting into something a little softer won't hurt it any... if it has lived this long, it is pretty strong!

HagBiscuit

HagBiscuit

Leaf curl like what you’re showing isn’t good. Suspect bugs, have you scoped the backs of the affected leaves for bugs? Deal with this quickly or all could be lost.
That leaf curl is nitrogen burn... Flush and put some banana peel water on it

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Pretty old thread, I'm sure that plant is long gone. But to answer @Frankster absolutely, some plants are just not big eaters and can get overfed extremely easily. And there will probably even be rare outliers that burn if you so much as bring a bottle of nutes into the same room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom