Looking at Buying a new light

• Thread starter Floodster31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Floodster31

Floodster31

I am looking to buy a new led light. I have a 4x4 tent. at the minute I am running a kingbright 240watt 3500k
What light would people recommend I will be using the light for veg and flower many thanks

Last edited:
Floodster31

Floodster31

OK will have a look about. the yield with kingbright is OK but not the best. I have a decent budget so want something top range

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

I am looking to buy a new led light. I have a 4x4 tent. at the minute I am running a kingbright 240watt 3500k
What light would people recommend I will be using the light for veg and flower many thanks
I was in the same situation; ready for a new light after recognizing my light was inadequate. Obviously any of the Mars , Spiderfarm 600w lights will work well in a 4x4, but I wanted to see what I could get for less money. I started looking at COB Cree lights and finally settled on a Philzon 2500 COB light . It has a ridiculous PPFD at 24 “ and will do nicely for a 3x3 flowering area. They have a 600 watt option as well but I had a 200w LED and decided I would used the 200w light at the rear of the tent and the COB at the front . I just finished a grow and had cleaned the tent for the next grow when the new light arrived. I repositioned the lights and turned them on just to see how bright they were and I believe this lighting scenario is going to work well. The Philzon 2500 ( why it’s called this is beyond me) has 446 watts from the wall. I found one on everyone’s favorite auction site for almost $100 less than Amazon wanted . It has over a thousand reviews with nearly all of them favorable . Two year warranty. I know the detractors will say ‘ sure the PPFD is high but the drop off after the first two feet in all directions is significant .’ In other words, coverage is deep but not broad. The opposite can be said about traditional LEDs; the coverage is broad but not deep. I’m hoping with the mix of both lights I have addressed each limitation and together they will yield the lighting four or five photoperiod plants need.

Ponky

Ponky

Some friends bought a bunch of these once. Gavita has name clout. And a huge price tag. Like as much 6 standard 1000 watt HPS combos. So it's expensive. And some people like expensive. You get a deal if you buy pallets of them.

Not an endorsement.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I was in the same situation; ready for a new light after recognizing my light was inadequate. Obviously any of the Mars , Spiderfarm 600w lights will work well in a 4x4, but I wanted to see what I could get for less money. I started looking at COB Cree lights and finally settled on a Philzon 2500 COB light . It has a ridiculous PPFD at 24 “ and will do nicely for a 3x3 flowering area. They have a 600 watt option as well but I had a 200w LED and decided I would used the 200w light at the rear of the tent and the COB at the front . I just finished a grow and had cleaned the tent for the next grow when the new light arrived. I repositioned the lights and turned them on just to see how bright they were and I believe this lighting scenario is going to work well. The Philzon 2500 ( why it’s called this is beyond me) has 446 watts from the wall. I found one on everyone’s favorite auction site for almost $100 less than Amazon wanted . It has over a thousand reviews with nearly all of them favorable . Two year warranty. I know the detractors will say ‘ sure the PPFD is high but the drop off after the first two feet in all directions is significant .’ In other words, coverage is deep but not broad. The opposite can be said about traditional LEDs; the coverage is broad but not deep. I’m hoping with the mix of both lights I have addressed each limitation and together they will yield the lighting four or five photoperiod plants need.
The Philzon 2500 look like it would be sufficient for a 2x2 . The sun is 500 to 1200 .

boatbum850

boatbum850

HLG has their QB's & lights on sale . 600R new is $ 775 , factory refurbished $ 599 or a refurbished 650R for $ 749 would crush a 4x4 . Run it turned down 90% of the time , run soft it'll last longer . Peak flowering light it up . If you're handy buy QB's & make your own light fixture . Spaced out for even coverage without a hot center & more light at the edges .

Floodster31

Floodster31

Thanks I will look In to all the above amd will let you know what I go with many thanks

Top Bottom