Looking at other nutrients for coco

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

I used General Hydroponics for the first grow and I've broken down my mix variations by week and duration into a spreadsheet. My cost per gallon varies between .24 and .56 per gallon (mostly ~.36). Cost isn't the only thing I am thinking of, but it does play into what I might try with the next grow. The other factor is time. I am mixing 5 gallon batches now, and I do like the flexibility of tuning the mix exactly but I am not sure its totally neccessary. It does take some time.

I looked at the 2 part Mega Crop but I am not sure if I am calculating the yield in gallons correctly. Their one part claims to yield 2500 gallons per 22 lb bag. The two part is again 22lb bags and I thought it would be 5000 gallons? That would with tax give me a cost of around .28 per gallon but I am not clear on what other supplements are needed. Or how you vary the mix depending on the growth stage.

I did a rough average of 1.37 gallons per plant per day for a 102 day cycle. All together that would save $11 per plant per cycle. Not sure its worth it based off cost alone but cost + time and ease of use might be enough to sway me.

Top Bottom