Looking for a fram/few acres outside portland

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Anyone got any ideas? Im looking for a spot for myself and another possible caregiver. Looking for something out in the country..

Anyone got any ideas on how to track a place down?

L

Lost

Lease or Lease to buy.. I'd like to buy but i'll be a little short because of my medical bills.

L

Lost

Its probablly best if I just find a place to rent, but im up to options. Looking to be set up if the November bill passes..

D

dican01

well it is much easier to find a place to buy. i rented a 3 bed 1 bath house outside of eugene oregon, on the edge of junction city, on about 2.5 acres for around 800 bucks a month. had a small organic farm. it's hard to find good property to rent though. seriously.
might try real estate agents in the areas you are looking at. there are some that deal in rural properties. most of them just sell but still would know if something was for rent in the area. so many places to buy. sucks to be poor.
good luck. hopefully you have an easier time than i have had.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Lost going to a farm. This will be like Green Acres tv show. Aren't you a city slicker?

Go for it Lost. It takes a lot of looking so you might as well start now. You could be settling in just in time for next spring if the right ones pop up.

O

Oregonic

Lost, you commited to Portland area? Shit gets really cheap when you go east and south in Oregon. Was a place in Cresent with 40 acres and OMMP friendly.....

Welcome to Oregon lost :)

L

Lost

I lived in Oregon for a few years. I know i'll be looking a while i'm sure. Thats why im putting feelers out now, you never know. I Don't really want too much land, a place with 3-10 acres and a shop, or some other indoor situation, a 3 car garrage, barn etc. I don't need much myself. Decent internet and enough power to the property are really my priorities.

I guess even a house would work fine for a while till I found something. Its probablly going to take me a minute to find some patients and another caregiver or 2 that want to stop fucking around and grow some trees for real..

L

Lost

Welcome to Oregon lost :)

Thx!

It will be nice to get back even if it not for a little while yet. Getting my doctor stuff submitted in the next week or two, yada, yada.. Hope its a smooth process, I have 4 of the 13 qualifying conditions, lol...

L

Lost

Tell me more about the east, I'm, all ears. I got fam in west portland, but as long as im say 45 min from them, its no biggie. I just need to be close enough that when I get really sick, they can come and get some fluids in me.

I've been looking Vernonia, Scapoose, and west of Hillsboro.. Etc..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you checked the MLS listings, Lost?

Try http://www.rural-homes.com/
http://www.rmls.com/RC2/UI/Home.asp

One of my favorites is this one:

When I worked for a local realtor internet was an issue for some buyers. Satellite inet services are about as good as dial-up, in my experience, wireless isn't yet widespread in low population density areas, DSL and cable modem are directly tied to proximity to the CO and so many of them ultimately ended their searches in our area because of that. I spent a lot of time tracking down different services for people.

But! The feds just launched a new program to get internet access to everyone and they are spending money and giving grants like nobody's business. That means local ISPs are vying for funding and will likely by building out infrastructure to previously unserved and underserved areas.

Fuck. Do I sound like a goddamned salesperson, or what?

J

Jalisco Kid

I was out by Bagbee Hot Springs which is not bad. and about that far from p-town. Far enough away people just do not drop by. JK

S

SolidGold

there is a 3br house w/ a 24 x 48ft shop building on the property for rent in aloha, just east of hillsboro, for $1100/month. shop is in good shape, suitable electric service, etc. the place is also for sale so you might be able to work out a rent/lease-to-own situation.

L

Lost

there is a 3br house w/ a 24 x 48ft shop building on the property for rent in aloha, just east of hillsboro, for $1100/month. shop is in good shape, suitable electric service, etc. the place is also for sale so you might be able to work out a rent/lease-to-own situation.

Can you send me that info? Thats exactly what I am looking for!!!

S

SolidGold

yeah bro, no problem. i'll drive by today and shoot you a PM.

B

blackduck

Its a great time to buy and land is dirt cheap! I know of a bunch of places for sale in that area. Drop me a line

S

SolidGold

sign was down for a bit on the place i was talking about but noticed it was up again this morning. i'll get you that info tonight when i go back over that way.

S

Scam Fighter

That's a great price!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Anyone (who'll say) know why Lost got a month ban?

Top Bottom