Looking for a good light.

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

I have a small starter tent 2x2x3. I’m looking for a light that is small enough to not overheat the tent. Only going to have plants in this tent for a couple weeks. Light I have now is just to strong for this little tent. Thanks in advance.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have a small starter tent 2x2x3. I’m looking for a light that is small enough to not overheat the tent. Only going to have plants in this tent for a couple weeks. Light I have now is just to strong for this little tent. Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming you're only going to have young/very young plants in it so I think a 60w-100w light should be enough. Here's a good one for $70:

Zunk99

Zunk99

I'm assuming you're only going to have young/very young plants in it so I think a 60w-100w light should be enough. Here's a good one for $70:

Yea probably 3 weeks tops. Thanks.

Spike8910

Spike8910

Check out the spider farmers alot on grow on here use them just use the search icon and u will find plenty of gros using them

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That what I current have. I didn’t think about moving that part out of the tent. I’ll move that and dim it and hopefully find the right spot.
They're designed that way so you can do exactly that, it's not even a cowboy trick or anything :-)
You probably won't need to dim it at all.

Zunk99

Zunk99

They're designed that way so you can do exactly that, it's not even a cowboy trick or anything :-)
You probably won't need to dim it at all.
I tried that and it’s still hitting 32c in there. I ordered that much smaller light someone posted on here. My dimmer switch also doesn’t seem to be working. That’s alright I needed another light anyways.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I tried that and it’s still hitting 32c in there. I ordered that much smaller light someone posted on here. My dimmer switch also doesn’t seem to be working. That’s alright I needed another light anyways.
The p600?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's pretty small so you'll need to raise it up to get an even coverage.

growsince79

growsince79

65w hlg or a couple cfls

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo with LED if heat is an issue then I would be looking at the temps of the room the tent is in and the adequacy of my exhaust fan

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Is it the older version of the TS1000 you have maybe?
In my tent 2x4x6ft I have 3 of them with the driver/ballast inside and no issues with heat, maybe jus a 4 inch USB fan blowing just underneath the lights.
I'm fairly sure you can fix it with airflow instead of having to buy a new light.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Imo with LED if heat is an issue then I would be looking at the temps of the room the tent is in and the adequacy of my exhaust fan
The room is right around 72.
Is it the older version of the TS1000 you have maybe?
In my tent 2x4x6ft I have 3 of them with the driver/ballast inside and no issues with heat, maybe jus a 4 inch USB fan blowing just underneath the lights.
I'm fairly sure you can fix it with airflow instead of having to buy a new light.
I have a 3x3 tent I will be using this light in anyways so I still needed a 2x2 light. My little tent is only 3ft tall so it’s rather small. Should have went with at least 4 feet.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The room is right around 72.

I have a 3x3 tent I will be using this light in anyways so I still needed a 2x2 light. My little tent is only 3ft tall so it’s rather small. Should have went with at least 4 feet.
How tall a tent have you room for?
You could even make a box for your current tent to stand on and just cut the bottom out of it to gain height for just the pots plus a little extra that way.

Top Bottom