Looking For A Recommended Air Pump/air Stone Combo

• Thread starter whocares
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whocares

I saw in the directions it recommends 60lpm minimum. I had a 70lpm air pump but the hose connection on the pump was way bigger than the connection on the air stone. so I went and got a pump that fit the air stone but its much lower output than 60lpm.

Can anyone recommend at pump that will produce the 60lpm minimum and a air stone that will work well?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I saw in the directions it recommends 60lpm minimum. I had a 70lpm air pump but the hose connection on the pump was way bigger than the connection on the air stone. so I went and got a pump that fit the air stone but its much lower output than 60lpm.

Can anyone recommend at pump that will produce the 60lpm minimum and a air stone that will work well?
go to home depot and nozzle it down to the size you want,dont know what your doing,but keep in mind lift on the pump too

W

whocares

go to home depot and nozzle it down to the size you want,dont know what your doing,but keep in mind lift on the pump too

im making caps bennies. I did try your suggestion but the hose kept blowing off. so maybe the recommended 6' air stone was to small or at least the 6' air stone I bought was to small.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im making caps bennies. I did try your suggestion but the hose kept blowing off. so maybe the recommended 6' air stone was to small or at least the 6' air stone I bought was to small.
do you have a manifold that comes with the pump,throw up a pic of pump and i might be able to help you out,but your talking liters and im still on the us scale,picture will help,did you try taking off the stone and running without?did it blow off the hose then

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if it one them long 6in blue frame air stones,it has a valve on the end of it you can adjust,my stones are 3in round 3in tall ,1/4 in hose,i use a commercail air pump 952 cfm on a 4 valve manifold,i can adjust the manifold for wide open or half valve

B

brimck325

take the stone off and you will have less restriction. the stone isn't needed anyway, you'll get more oxygen from the surface movement then bubbles.

Top Bottom