Looking for a suggestion on Terp increasing

• Thread starter TheBadChoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

So after my last grow and it lack of odor and taste I’ve been suggested a few different things, would prefer dry base but water base is okay... any suggestions from anyone and what you have used and outcome?

some suggestions so far have been terpanator or purplenator, kool bloom, and humbolts sweet and sticky but nothing really said to me has been enough to be like “okay that’s legit and will help” it’s been more like “ well you say it does this and that but are you sure?”

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I use terpinator available on Amazon. Not bad. My pot always smells and tastes good though. Biggest secret is don’t cut early and dry slowly as cool as possible. Make sure to store with boveda packs. The cure can take up to 3 months

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

IDK man. I'm an old guy and kinda think all those terp builders are bro science.

Can you make a plant produce terps that don't have the genetic disposition to do so? I don't think you can.

I have two phenos of the same Made of Honor strain. One is terpy as hell. Stinks up the whole neighborhood. The other has almost no smell or taste. Both grown with the same exact methods.

I also agree that it has a lot to do with drying and curing. Your not gonna get no new terps from drying and curing correctly, but you will preserve the ones that are there.

So in my opinion its mostly genetics that create good terpy weed. Once they have done their job, then its ours to keep it that way. You can take really good weed and dry it wrong and cure it wrong and make swag. You cant take swag, dry it right and cure it right and make good weed. Has to be in the genetics first. Your not gonna find no terp builder that builds terps that aint already there. IMO.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Oh I dried good and stuff is curing at the moment and I know all that fun stuff, and I would guess the genetics I’ve been using “”are good since I wouldn’t suspect Barney’s farm, 420 fastbuds or ethos would put out bad stuff, but still just figure their was something that could be used as an production helper in the sense of helping it push more.
How about stuff like molasses? Or is that more for absorbing salts out of medium? Just really curious

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Oh I dried good and stuff is curing at the moment and I know all that fun stuff, and I would guess the genetics I’ve been using “”are good since I wouldn’t suspect Barney’s farm, 420 fastbuds or ethos would put out bad stuff, but still just figure their was something that could be used as an production helper in the sense of helping it push more.
How about stuff like molasses? Or is that more for absorbing salts out of medium? Just really curious
I use molasses during my grow, but I don't think it has any influence on terps.

I have occasionally gotten a plant without much scent, and a couple of times a plant that had a scent like hay. I think it was a roll of the genetic dice. It was from a breeder who I knew to put out some fantastically scented strains and crosses, as well, so it can happen.

HarryHood

HarryHood

i've been using roots organics terp teas for a good portion of my grow- 3 different ethos strains. chopping down the final 2 pluto cut's today and have 3 out of 5 fastbuds beans that popped yesterday. all 3 ethos strains were pretty frosty/terpy, especially the banana daddy. the 2 pluto cut's are a bit different in smell though as one is more pungent than the other. it was my first grow so i know i didn't do everything the correct way, but that's cool because i learned throughout.
also used molasses in the tea brew at times as well. you don't want to overdo it with that. i was definitely pleased with roots and what i was able to achieve for a rookie grow. you can also top dress their teas so all you have to do is just water them in instead of brewing a tea which is what i did towards the end of the grow.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I have to agree that genetics will play some part at least, still learning about this though. My last grow I was in ff soil with ff nutes, good seeds, at week 2 of flower I still didn't need a carbon filter. This time, in coco with Advanced Nutrients on week 3 veg, I needed to set up the filter. Different strains but I'd like to do a side by side.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I love to see side-by-side, but there is no doubt different strains develop flowers at different rates. You need to start from clones from the same mom to prove out anything.

It's been many years since I grew a single strain during a grow. Most strains seem to be within a few days of each other, as far as flower development goes, but I sometimes get one that's a couple of weeks slower than the rest.

Top Bottom