Looking for advice about my Nutrients deficiency

• Thread starter Sliverlord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sliverlord

I'm a first time grower so please go easy on me!! I know I've made a few mistakes hahahha

I have a few plants and I'm starting to see a few different things that are out of the norm for each plant.

NOT ALL.PLANTS HAVE SAME ISSUES

Nutrients: Ph Perfect Micro,grow,bloom

I missunderstood the directions and was adding only 4ml for 1L and that's it but recently came to the understanding that if I need 4L of water for my plants I should be adding 16ml for the 4L

So I recently upped the dose from 4ml to the 16ml, I feel like I should have upped it slowly but I've already done it. So it is what it is lol

Strains: AK47 & Endless skys?

Medium: Pro mix (unknown type, I think it had a pink label on it) and then later when I transplanted I added a bag of pro mix that was a massive black bag for about 30$ that had no time release nutrients but had the white stuff in it. Next time I'm going to keep track of the type I use.

Yellowing leaves,light green leaves, purple stems, dark green leaves.There's also a weird rusty looking stem

2 of my girls started to lean, how do I fix or prevent this? I've got them standing straight using a few bricks and twin.
I had kept them in a green house for about 2 weeks but it was kinda shady over there so I brought them back out side.

I assume I shouldn't have brought them straight out side and had added a fan to my green room to help strengthen them.

Looking for advice about my nutrients deficiency
Looking for advice about my nutrients deficiency 2
Looking for advice about my nutrients deficiency 3
Looking for advice about my nutrients deficiency 4
Looking for advice about my nutrients deficiency 5
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm a first time grower so please go easy on me!! I know I've made a few mistakes hahahha

I have a few plants and I'm starting to see a few different things that are out of the norm for each plant.

NOT ALL.PLANTS HAVE SAME ISSUES

Nutrients: Ph Perfect Micro,grow,bloom

I missunderstood the directions and was adding only 4ml for 1L and that's it but recently came to the understanding that if I need 4L of water for my plants I should be adding 16ml for the 4L

So I recently upped the dose from 4ml to the 16ml, I feel like I should have upped it slowly but I've already done it. So it is what it is lol

Strains: AK47 & Endless skys?

Medium: Pro mix (unknown type, I think it had a pink label on it) and then later when I transplanted I added a bag of pro mix that was a massive black bag for about 30$ that had no time release nutrients but had the white stuff in it. Next time I'm going to keep track of the type I use.

Yellowing leaves,light green leaves, purple stems, dark green leaves.There's also a weird rusty looking stem

2 of my girls started to lean, how do I fix or prevent this? I've got them standing straight using a few bricks and twin.
I had kept them in a green house for about 2 weeks but it was kinda shady over there so I brought them back out side.

I assume I shouldn't have brought them straight out side and had added a fan to my green room to help strengthen them.
@Jimster is the pro mix guy he be around to give advice,all in all the plants look good for outside plants,i run the stuff indoors ,didnt care for it,but outdoors im thinking they gonna need more feed,next time work your way up on the nutes the manufactures really wont your money and give some crazy advice on schedule feeding,never go by there recomendations start at 1/4 and work your way up,most off slow down and have patience it will only grow as fast as it wants and force feeding them just leads to many problems

az2000

az2000

I think they look good. The red/purple stems could mean Mg def (but I don't see it in the leaves). I would add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp/gal epsom salt. Maybe 1/4 tsp/gal for two feedings.

They might be generally hungry. They look light on N. Nitrogen contributes to Mg availability. So, that might be related. Pennington Alaskan Fish emulsion is good. You could boost your N that way. Add a Tbsp/gal next feeding. (Maybe just a pinch of epsom).

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree, look hungry! (Do you check to make sure your pH is what you think it is?) I use bamboo sticks to hold my plants up straight. Looking good in general!

S

Sliverlord

Agree, look hungry! (Do you check to make sure your pH is what you think it is?) I use bamboo sticks to hold my plants up straight. Looking good in general!

Thanks! I've been trying to baby them. I realized on sunday I was waaaaay under feeding them, I should have been using about 4X the amount I was using. I'm currently using Ph perfect which makes the water about 5.8ph and when I water them during the week I normally do a PH of 6 or abit higher, it's hard to tell with the PH strips. But thank you for the suggestion of the bamboo sticks.

S

Sliverlord

I think they look good. The red/purple stems could mean Mg def (but I don't see it in the leaves). I would add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp/gal epsom salt. Maybe 1/4 tsp/gal for two feedings.

They might be generally hungry. They look light on N. Nitrogen contributes to Mg availability. So, that might be related. Pennington Alaskan Fish emulsion is good. You could boost your N that way. Add a Tbsp/gal next feeding. (Maybe just a pinch of epsom).
I'll wait a week or two and then turn the Epson salt considering I just fed them but thank you for the suggestion.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks! I've been trying to baby them. I realized on sunday I was waaaaay under feeding them, I should have been using about 4X the amount I was using. I'm currently using Ph perfect which makes the water about 5.8ph and when I water them during the week I normally do a PH of 6 or abit higher, it's hard to tell with the PH strips. But thank you for the suggestion of the bamboo sticks.
Soil in pots that size would do best at 6.5, 6 is low for soil.

Learned this morning that pH perfect is made to work with RO water not tap water I'll lick the article when I get a moment to find it, in case it helps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You did the right thing under feeding is easily corrected and not nearly as harmful as over feeding.

Phosphorous deficiency can cause purpling and so can low temps. Usually seen at night. Might just be from low feed but usually you will see this spreading into the underside of leave veins if that the case. The darkening of the leaves to dark green is an early sign of this also. Without seeing clawing I would say it's do to this deficiency. Yellowing is also seen as it progresses.

I find more reddish is usually high light. But either way not something I would jump on until after a week of upping the nutes and clearing up deficiencies.

Once you up the nutes I think you should see it all clear up although damaged leaves will not repair themselves.

@Jimster is one of the very knowledgeable people on promix here and has a lot of experience with it. There are several I just don't remember what everyone uses.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Ive used Promix forever and it works great for me, but it has no included nutrients except buffers to help with Ph control. The stuff in the big bale is usually what I use, but I have also seen it in big white bales... as well as bags. Promix BX is what I use. They have a few different kinds, but I use the bales Promix BX with NO fertilizer.... I think they make a product pre loaded with fertilizer but I shy away from stuff like that.
I use regular 20 20 20 fertilizer every 12 to 15 days after about 3 to 4 weeks. Doing this alone will get yo good results as long as your tap water isn't too alkaline. I usually add 15 percent compost for micronutrients, maybe a hand full of wood ashes. That's it and you will have success. Promix is great with water retention in my opinion, and I water a gallon per watering when growing on 5 gallon buckets. It's really simple and easy. I got purple leaves, but it was from the strain and the lights that I use. My stems always turn purple, sort of like a tan on the tip of the stems. If it gets looking like purple stripes or veins, however, it is a nutrient issue.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I think you’re good here. You already found root cause (pH). They should turn around soon.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Soil in pots that size would do best at 6.5, 6 is low for soil.

Learned this morning that pH perfect is made to work with RO water not tap water I'll lick the article when I get a moment to find it, in case it helps

Madbud

Madbud

Two things to watch when growing in garden planters, watering and temperature. Its easy to overwater/drown unless theres good drainage in the bottom. Soil temps on a sunny day can exceed 100°F if the pots not shaded. Start looking for bugs on the stems and under the leaves, neem oil is a pretty good preventative measure up til they flower. All in all, you’re in the game!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

If you have been feeding them at all, my first suspicion is that your soil pH is off. Pot really doesn't need as much fertilizer as newbs think. Fertilizer is NOT food. If the soil pH is outside of the zone between 5.8 and 6.8, (best is 6.0-6.5), nitrogen is unavailable, and all the fertilizer in the world won't help. Get a pH meter from Home Depot for $15, and see where you are at, is my recommendation. If it's high, get aluminum or iron sulphate, if it's low, get Lilly Soil Sweet. Use either lightly, water in, and wait for a few days, and test again.

If a light feeding didn't green up the one plant there, pH is almost certainly the problem.

Top Bottom